Model Cars Magazine Forum

36 Ford three window ( finished)

parki

Hey there guys. hear is another one of my current projects.

P2060018-vi.jpg

P4050001-vi.jpg

As you can see from these pictures I've deleted the head light mounts.

P4050002-vi.jpg

Going to be low and fast! going to have a supercharged 409 fitted! the front wheels are from the MPC Winged Express Drag Car.

P4050005-vi.jpg

I've cut the floor boards from the chassis and removed the molded in exhaust.

Edited by parki

I've started work on the Engine. Bit of a mish mash of parts but will look cool when shes together. Ive mated the ford transmission to the block to make it easier to fit into the chassis.

P4070009-vi.jpg

P4070010-vi.jpg

And I have started messing about with the interior. Its slowly taking shape.

P4070007-vi.jpg

P4070008-vi.jpg

[url=http://trakinscale.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=trakinp&action=display&thread=9960&page=2#ixzz17eaJZNxh]

nice work so far I love this kit I built one last year modeled after a car that goes to the local goodguys everyyear.

DSC02880.jpg

you deleted the headlight mounts what are you planning to do for headlights

keep up the good work.

Looks very cool Redzula B) As for the headlamp question, simple i,m not planing on doing anything. Daytime driving only for this creation! :)

Looking good. The 36 has always been one of my favorite designs. What is the # for that Plastistruct sheeting that you are using for the tuck and roll interior? I need to pick some of it up for my 50 Ford.

Later-

Thanks Modlbldr, It is evergreen plastic card, the part no is 4083 Novelty 083" spacing (2.1mm) and 040" thick (1.0mm) Hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not much progress to report, mostly filling, sanding, priming….. filling, sanding, priming etc etc. I have filled the bumper mount holes, and I'm filling the roof panel in as well.

P4100008-vi.jpg

P4100007-vi.jpg

P4100018-vi.jpg

I'm making some tuck and roll inserts for the running boards,

P4100016-vi.jpg

I have also made some seat mounts for the interior and some TnR mats.

P4100020-vi.jpg

I have decided to use the rear axle that is in the kit for ease.

Edited by parki

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a lot to report at the mo, But hear are a few pics of where i'm at at the moment. I can't do any decent painting because of the weather. So I have been concentrating on getting the body in good shape and making sure the trunk lid etc fits well as it was sitting proud of the surounding bodywork! I'm suprised by how much bodywork is required on this build. As the last one I built I just sort of threw together, Anyhews on to the pics :).

Rod31-vi.jpg

Rod32-vi.jpg

Rod35-vi.jpg

Rod39-vi.jpg

Rod310-vi.jpg

Rod311-vi.jpg

I have also filled the axle hole in the engine block and started modifying the front axle.

Rod314-vi.jpg

Rod315-vi.jpg

I was thinking of painting it Cadmium orange. Its an artists acrylic tube paint wich i'm gonna attempt to thin and airbrush! and the interiors going to be pearl white.

Edited by parki

The paint is a real long shot, but going to give it a go when the weather pics up a bit.

I read an article in a certain well known model magazine back along. about using artists acrylic paints and I thought i'd give it a shot.

I,m planning on using an Artists acrylic tube paint. See pics.

P4130002-vi.jpg

P4130003-vi.jpg

Going to thin it with the tamiya thinner and add a drop or two of the flow improver to act as a surfactant and stop the paint from beading. I'm hoping it will dry satin as thats the look I'm going for. Just bit of a experiment

Edited by parki

The cars looking real good. I like where this is going.

In regards to the orange paint, play with it for a bit and make sure Tamiya's thinner is compatable with the tube acrylic. The flow enhancer is almost a must, for the reasons stated.

My worry wouldn't be the airbrushing as much as after the spraying. I'm wondering how well the finish will hold up. I have tubes of that paint for figure work, and they seem durable after brushing. I thin with distilled water when using these for painting my stuff.

G

The cars looking real good. I like where this is going.

In regards to the orange paint, play with it for a bit and make sure Tamiya's thinner is compatable with the tube acrylic. The flow enhancer is almost a must, for the reasons stated.

My worry wouldn't be the airbrushing as much as after the spraying. I'm wondering how well the finish will hold up. I have tubes of that paint for figure work, and they seem durable after brushing. I thin with distilled water when using these for painting my stuff.

G

Thanks ;) yeah deffinetly going to have a mess around with a few scrap bodys etc first, aint going to mess that body up the amount of time i've spent getting it sorted!!

P.S Thanks for the advice and info on the paint. i'll try the thinner and try with water also. Fingers crossed I can make it work B)

• 4 weeks later...

Not much been happening lately, but hears a quick update. I couldn’t get the front end to sit low enough and still have room for the engine sump etc to fit. So I grafted the front clip from a 1957 Chevy Bel Air onto the 36 Ford Chassis. I am playing with the Idea of a quick change for the rear end.

P4230002-vi.jpg

P4230003-vi.jpg

P4230005-vi.jpg