Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18th scale 50s MIDGET

Gary Davis

This started out as a simple build and like alot of my builds...I changed things as I got into the build. This is the 1952 Monogram kit. The motor was made correct by cutting the twin cam and adding a head in the middle. An in/out box was fabbed along with a drive line. A Radiator from parts box was added along with asphalt wheels and tires that I made from molds. This car was built with updates in mind so it would be able to run in the Vintage classes through out the states. Hence the Disc Brakes and the 5pt Harness. The nerf bars where also fabbed and all the chrome is AlcladII polished Aluminum. This was a kick to build...I'm also working on a trailer specific to this car. Thanks for looking in....

(everything in white is fabbed...Click to ENLARGE PIC)

th_b-1.jpgth_ch-3.jpgth_IO-9.jpgth_IO-7.jpg

FINISHED CAR...

th_OS10.jpgth_os2.jpgth_OS3.jpgth_OS15.jpgth_OS17.jpgth_OS16.jpg

Edited by Gary Davis

Gary,

I love it! I built one a little over a year ago and built it box stock as a tribute to the model itself, but I have another in the stash in hopes of someday doing something like you did. Thanks for the inspiration! There are a lot of nice details in there.

-Art

That's cool ART...I hope you build another one. As you know...with a little work these can look like a race car.

Thank you Terry.

Beautiful work Gary!! Love the wheels and engine detail. Its great to see some of your work being posted man.

Hey Tim...Thanks for the Kind words my friend.Hows the weather down there bubba!!!! It's raining like crazy here( as if it usually don't..eh?) Hows the boat bizz going...good I hope. Whats on you build table these days...Miss talk'in with you bud.When I was in the middle of this build.....I had this nagging feeling to give you a call...but...Got all tied up and then it was to late..LOL

Edited by Gary Davis