Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your Chevy S10!

Awesome builds,guys!

Looks like I'm FINALLY getting ready to build one of my own soon. Have this small forum I host with an annual CBP,this go round's "Box Stock" class (ie: box stock doesn't mean "box art",and a wheel swap is allowed so...) is "Longroof's" (which includes SUV's ;) ),so I'm going to use AMT's '95 2 door Blazer kit to semi-replicate the slammed '95 4 door Blazer I owned this year (odd...I had a lowered Dime-see my sig pic-and that Blazer,but I waited until both had been sold off to build one of these,weird,eh?). Should be fun :D

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Awesome builds,guys!

Looks like I'm FINALLY getting ready to build one of my own soon. Have this small forum I host with an annual CBP,this go round's "Box Stock" class (ie: box stock doesn't mean "box art",and a wheel swap is allowed so...) is "Longroof's" (which includes SUV's ;) ),so I'm going to use AMT's '95 2 door Blazer kit to semi-replicate the slammed '95 4 door Blazer I owned this year (odd...I had a lowered Dime-see my sig pic-and that Blazer,but I waited until both had been sold off to build one of these,weird,eh?). Should be fun :D

You sold the Dime AND the Blazer?? Didn't you just buy the Blazer earlier this year?

LMBO,Yep,and I had just bought the Dime a few months earlier than the Blazer :D

It wasn't really by choice,at least not the Dime....when the house burned back in June I needed the $ to help carry us in the motel until Allstate kicked in*,I sold it to my Dad-but with the option to re-buy it come tax refund season next year. They had been VERY generous helping us get back going with clothing,furniture and such when we bought\moved into here,and when I noticed he was having to budget bills (something he earns enough to normally not have to worry much about),I tod him to go ahead and sell it,recover sme of his cash,which he did (after replacing the bad tranny).

I took the Blazer to auction,just to see what it would bring (I was curious,LOL) since I had bought the Mustang (my avatar) with some of the insurance moneys. A dude from up in KY bid just a bit more than I could pass up (within a few dollars of my investment in it,which was before having put an honest-to-goodness 13,000 miles on it in a REALLY short time),plus I had the cowl induction hood off it and in my shed (which I traded for a really nice Kicker enclosure\subs\amp,which I sold today,LOL).

I miss the Blazer lots,though...I could haul what I need to (garbage or bicycles mostly) easily enough,it was kool and slammed,looked nice,rode better-but it needed more work than it looked like it did,and at 209,000 miles...

*If you're a home-owner,I strongly suggest you go through your policy and make sure you have enough of the right coverage to protect your family financially. While we did wind up with a nicer home and that Mustang GT ragtop out of it,had we not received so much in the way of help and love gifts of "stuff",we would have struiggled greatly just to get into a place. Allstate may have seen to it we got paid,and the old place was paid off (only owed 5 years on that),they severely screwed us with loop-holes and creative wording on the policy. I actually had to threaten them (to picket with a sign reading "I'm a disabled vet who had my policy here,ask me why my children are now homeless after a housefire",and yes,I had made the sign). Please make sure your policy covers your BELONGINGS as well as the home itself,and that you have a "emergency living expense clause" to cover motels and such (we did,but they screwed us from it-proof o that,BTW,not slandering). This isn't a bad on Allstate,just my local agent,I suppose.

Anyways,sorry to get off subject. Bought the paint last eve (um...black,LOL from Duplicolor,can),and since it's entered in a "Box Stock" CBP that allows a kitbash wheel swap,going to use the chromed Torq Thrust look-alikes from Revell's '65 C10 step side truck kit,as they're a close enough match. I have one thing blocking the bench-space right now,but while it's a bit bigger job than the snap kit it began as,it shouldn't take too long B)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

• 1 month later...

Six pages of post on this topic, maybe someone should start a comunity build for S10 and the gmc versions or one on all mini pickups, theres alot of people like building the small trucks, just an idea. iam game if someone starts one for all mini pickups.

93S102.jpg

93S101.jpg

93S103.jpg

93S104.jpg

93S105.jpg

I bought this 93 S 10 from an individual in 1996. It had 60,00 miles on it. It has the original 2.8 V6 engine with a 5 speed transmission. It has a throttle body and injector from a 4.3 V6, a set of Edelbrock headers, and a flowmaster muffler. The plug wires are the Gray stiff wires that have the twists in them. They were invented and hand made by a guy in Florida. He has a patent on this design. They have been in use for about six years now. I installed them and a set of cheap copper core spark plugs. The truck runs very well. I use Amsoil oil in it too. Does anybody know where I can get a set of unobtainium dash bulbs like this one? I think there are 9 bulbs in all. It also has after market AC on it.

http://kikerperformance.com/index.htm

Here is a link to the Kiker wires. They sure made a difference with my truck

Edited by Greg Wann

Mike, I remember building one of these when it first came out. It really is a great build. It was the mid 90s when i built mine so, I remember dropping mine, doing black with a loud purple interior, a targa top, and a dump style tilt bed. I think I may try building this again now that I am older and wiser. I really wish I knew what happened to the first one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a few of these over the years...no models though! Here's my flamed 96' SS 5-speed, circa 2000, My orange 94' SS, shaved, panned, custom one piece front bumper, composite blazer headlights, and 18" torque thrusts, circa 1999, and My Ferrari Silver and Black, flamed, bagged and shaved 01' 4 banger shop truck, circa 2008-09. I've currently got an 03' 2 door Blazer, slammed pretty good, color change to Jet Black, that mama rolls every day. smashedflamedtruck.jpgorangetruck.jpgjuly12044-1.jpgjuly12056.jpgmytruck.jpg

• 2 months later...

Little update, it's now at a little over 100,000kms, I've had to replace a few things, new battery, new Chevy Floor mats, new gas cap (check engine light kept coming on, checked the code and I had a vacuum leak from the gas cap, replaced it and no more check engine light), done an oil change. The Accels are for the truck (an their blue ;) ) , doing a complete tune up, still gotta get a few things first. pictures of the truck in my driveway are after it's first hand wash since the winter.

GEDC1821.jpg

GEDC1802.jpg

GEDC1804.jpg

GEDC1803.jpg

GEDC1815.jpg

Nick