Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 Nomad Phantom........

Space Cowboy

I've been watching your builds for a long while now Bruce and I notice when you are redoing these old builds you never bother to strip the old paint. Wouldn't it save you a lot of sanding and extra work if you did so? Not to mention a better finish on the new paint. Looking forward to seeing more.

I've been watching your builds for a long while now Bruce and I notice when you are redoing these old builds you never bother to strip the old paint. Wouldn't it save you a lot of sanding and extra work if you did so? Not to mention a better finish on the new paint. Looking forward to seeing more.

If I remember correctly, Bruce stripped the paint off from the '72 Chevelle. Am I right.? But anyways, it's very nice to see that someone has power to build nice models from these which are built already one time. That's very great, it saves lots of money also. :D

Thought this might help a little.

Chevrolet introduced 5 new wagons for 1958.

The Nomad was back and still the top of the line wagon but with it 4 doors it was not as sporty as the 1955, 1956 and 1957 Nomads. The outside and interior trim package on the Nomad was the same as the Bel Air series.

The Brookwood 4 door model easily carried nine passenger and looked great also. It was also available in a 4 door 6 passenger.

The thrift priced Yeoman was offered as a 2 door 6 passenger and 4 door 6 passenger station wagon.

There is no "more or less" about it , they did in fact make a 1958 Nomad...

Google is your friend ...post-7221-0-70720500-1293040136_thumb.jp

post-7221-0-53001200-1293040111_thumb.jp

post-7221-0-10828600-1293040123_thumb.jp

Edited by KingSix

Bruce,

Can I suggest something before it's too late?

I was looking at the pics of your primered Nomad and the yellow Nomad in the post above, and thought...

Hmmm, maybe losing the sculpture in the bodywork immediately in front of the rear wheels?

It's an Impala thing, not a Nomad thing.

Just thingking out loud! :D

Feel free to ignore my suggestion!

James.

Bruce,

Can I suggest something before it's too late?

I was looking at the pics of your primered Nomad and the yellow Nomad in the post above, and thought...

Hmmm, maybe losing the sculpture in the bodywork immediately in front of the rear wheels?

It's an Impala thing, not a Nomad thing.

Just thingking out loud! :D

Feel free to ignore my suggestion!

James.

I believe if they had continued the original idea/designed Nomad instead of just making it another version of the standard wagon lineup in 58 it would have been Impala based. Just the same as the Tri-5 Nomads were Belair (top of the line at the time) based!