Model Cars Magazine Forum

Up coming new builds?

Guest tonyboy

Guest tonyboy

Does anyone have plans on upcoming new models that they are planning to build? With winter starting to wind down and the show season starting to get going I wonder what ideas we might have going on in our heads that could be shared.

Currently I am builing the modelking camper with an amt 72 chevy for the cab and chassis, using the wheels from the monogram ford dually. I also have a half finished amt Diamond reo needing attention, I finished the motor and built chassis with the steering wheels from a junked ertl international coe. I seem to spend as much time looking at others builds on plasticcowboy and scouring ebay for trucks as actually building anymore...

I always have a dozen or more projects in various stages of unfinished, it seems like I start 3 for every one I finish. :oops:

Besides finishing some of these I have the new Trumpeter ALF waiting and I want to build an Air / Light truck to go with it, I am considering the Revell 99 Chevy truck, but I might go with the AMT Dodge or Chevy dually instead.

I've been thinking about building the RG KW aerodyne and puting the V8 CAT motor from the RG KW t900 kit in it , then I sat back and considered adding the RG KW wrecker body , if the wrecker body fits ok, what do I do with the fuel tanks? as I suspect there would be a conflict there or do you think the aerodyne would not make a good wrecker? anyone with input and thoughts on this please reply, thanks alot,

Ray

I don't know what problems you would run into with the wrecker body since I've never built either kit but that would make an interesting wrecker. I saw a cab over frieghtliner wrecker this summer, like the AMT White Freightliner, they may not be common but there is at least one.

Diesel doc works on real wreckers and just built the KW wrecker, maybe he will have something to say about it.

Mack Mechanic that is an interesting truck, I've never seen a low rider semi before, do you plan on having it pull a trailer? maybe a car hauler full of custom cars?