Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Muscle Car CBP Official Thread

SuperStockAndy

• 3 weeks later...

here she sits :

very little custom work on this build, just a quick build (when did 2 months become quick :D )

it has the lambo rims, custom decals and a set of parts box headers running through some custom pro street style pipes

(actually modified revell challenger units)

comments are always welcome :unsure:

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODAtMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0Mi5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODEtMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0My5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODItMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0My5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODMtMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0NC5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODQtMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0NC5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODUtMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0NS5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODYtMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0NS5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxODctMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0Ni5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzktMjAxMTAyMjAtMjA0Mi5qcGc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I might give this a crack as well. I'm currently building a 68 Charger with a viper engine. Trying my luck with building something in the pro-touring look. Well, that's the plan at the moment. Still thinking of colours etc.

only one colour will do with a body that great packing a punch that big...panther pink :(

im mulling over the MPC prostreet 72 cuda i just got and that is all ive decided on, it will be panther pink (well, moulin rouge since its a mopar)

Well I think I may change my mind 1 last time and build a Chevy, I know I've got 30 Mopar Muscle kits and I gotta build the 1 Chevy muscle car I got, well If I don't build it for this build, I'll never build it. Trying to deceide weather I want to paint it Nantucket Blue or Butternut Yellow.

Nick

Edit:Put me down on the list for: 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Edit #2:I won't start until I clear my bench a bit, it's got to many old pickups in the way. one's only in for a paint job, too bad my guys work so slow :P

Edited by Nick Winter

well I spent 2 hours this afternoon reading an information booklet from GM Heritage Center, I learned so much I can name you the 11 step painting process GM used for exterior paint.

along the way I learned this: The base Z/28 package cost $328.10, and included the 302-ci engine, 3.73.1 rear axle, dual exhaust, and 15x6 stamped steel wheels on 7.35x14 nylon redline tires. Heavy-duty suspension, heavy-duty radiator, and special hood and "Deck" stripes.

as for the name Z28 it's not like SS (Super Sport) or RS (Rally Sport) it was mearl them option code.

GM stated horsepower ar 290HP, Car & Driver stated around 360 horsepower.

around

I also Deceided on Nantucket Blue with White body stripes, which I will paint using the decals to create the taped off area's.

I'll be using the '95 AMT re-issue I have. The stock wheels and tires are gone so I'll ad some period Correct aftermarket wheels and tires.

FILE0242.jpg

Nick

I might have some parts painted and in primer by tommorow.

Edited by Nick Winter

i thought i had all your period correct wheels ?

all the cool ones atleast :P

No you got the late 70's-80's aftermarket sytle wheels, I kept my Cragers and Keystones.

got a bit done.

I primed it. and spent all of yesterday looking through my Duplicolor collection trying to find the appropriate shade of blue, which I think I have. I completed my interior and have started on the engine, I painted up the Thorque Thrust wheels,Started filling the seems of the valences, and detailed the grille & tailights. It's nice to build a kit mostly out of the box :P

FILE0257.jpg

FILE0260.jpg

FILE0261.jpg

FILE0262.jpg

FILE0264.jpg

FILE0263.jpg

FILE0266.jpg

FILE0269.jpg

FILE0272.jpg

Nick

Edited by Nick Winter