Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who inspires you the most?

I have been a member of this forum for quite some time now and even though I don't build much (I am more of a collector) I do and have gotten inspired by a few good people in here to actually start gluing and painting a few little things here and there.

My question is, who inspires you the most in this forum? I am not asking who is the best, I don't think is relevant to my post, I just want to know which guys here inspire you the most. Could be for their talent or for sharing their work with us or anything else you might think. I think it's time to recognize a few of our members here and thank them for their time in sharing their talents with us. I have my personal favorites but I would love to hear which ones you guys chose, I will tell you of mine later. :)

Any one who has the ability to post. This place is for freinds who CARE about the fact that we have OTHER freinds who feel as we. Some are kinda extreme, some, like me, don't post. But we ALL contribute what we can. I have ALOT of respect AND admiration for the guys who are proud of their hard work and just want to share it! They're a GREAT buncha guys here!:D :D :D;)

I think I get a lot from everyone who posts even the simplest things, I don't like to post names even though I do have my favorites but I do think that it is quite nice of you to try to acknowledge some of the people here, specially the ones that post every detail of their builds while in progress. I don't think I am talented enough to post any pictures of my work but to those of you who are brave and talented enough, thank you for the help, it is always appreciated.

Inspiring builders here, from my viewpoint:

Dr. Cranky., Philbass, Mr. Mike, Peter Lombardo, Raul Perez, Marco Cruz, Art Anderson, and the list goes on.

And just about everyone else here who shares their talents, abilities and thoughts with us all.

Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Charlie Larkin

Inspiring builders here, from my viewpoint:

Dr. Cranky., Philbass, Mr. Mike, Peter Lombardo, Raul Perez, Marco Cruz, Art Anderson, and the list goes on.

And just about everyone else here who shares their talents, abilities and thoughts with us all.

Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Charlie Larkin

The question was, "who on this forum..." I agree with all of the above, and I wouldn't even try to list the many others in fear of leaving some super guys out (though Bob Downie and Donn Yost need to be in there).

If you want to talk about modeling at large, gotta go with guys like Gerald Wingrove, Alex Kustov, et al. (No jokes about "who's Al?)

I would be seriously remiss if I were to mention names as I can not possibly remember everyone that has inspired me.

I have been inspired by those that encouraged me, those that critiqued my builds and those that simply looked yet left no comment.

I have been inspired by the high scale of workmanship that is displayed in this forum.

I would hope I have made some friends along the way.

As Ive only been in the hobby just over a year. Most of the members here have helped me but one rises above the rest romell (aftershock) For the fact be builds super models and always helped me and a lot of other members out. Cheers :blink:

Edited by cazxr2

OOoohh, yeah – have to mention Romell and Bill Geary. Like I said, there are so many it's a shame to list them and leave somebody out. John Teresi is also a member who's a master of the craft. And Chuck Most's crazy stuff is truly something to behold.

This is starting to look something like a popularity contest, which is unfortunate, but the great ones need to be recognized, I guess. Didn't we do this not too long ago?

You don't have to wander very far in this forum to find something useful. I think we all have our own stylistic preference, but also have the wisdom to appreciate good quality craftsmanship. I just wish some of these lowrider guys would do tutorials on how they get those wicked paint jobs. B)

I find John Teresi's work very inspirig. I wish I could do half that well. I know I'll probably not get there, but it's good to have a stretch goal.

Edited by Dave Ambrose

O.K., let the but kissing commence.

My purist inspiration here is none other than Gregg, himself. I am proud to call Gregg a friend and I have to say that anyone that can endure the day to day pain, suffrering and discomfort that he has to go through with his back issues and keep a positive attitude each and every day and continue to do what he does to help move this hobby in a positive direction deserves credit as truely inspirational.

Other than that I would also have to agree with most that have posted here and say that there are so many inspirational builders here on this forum that anyone of us could learn so much from when it comes to building skills.

I have a few favorites of my own, I think that what I like about them is not only the talent but how much they take time off to share their incredible techniques. In no particular order:

Mr. Cranky - Incredible when it comes to weathering and nice photos of his WIP

Mr. Lombardo - I love his creativity

Mr. Cruz - Love his paintjobs and cleanliness of work ( I own 2 of his creations)

Mr. Raitz - Lots of good stories and experiences

Mr. Geary - Love everything he does (even though I wish he would make a great comeback)

Mr. Downie - Also great with paint and cleanliness, very knowledgeable

Mr. Teresi - Plastic-surgery maniac

I have a few others but I have certainly learned a lot from these guys, I have PMed some of them with a lot of questions and they are always there with all the help I have always needed. Also, as previously stated, Gregg should be in this list, I can only imagine all the efforts put in to keep this boat afloat, never an easy task. Also, the moderators should have their minutes of glory!

Easy question. My answers are: chip foose, west coast customs, jessie james, billy gibbons, and magazines such as lowrider mag, rat rod, street customs, and hot rod.

Oh wait you ment on the forum lol............ my bad..... easy answer is everyone who posts up their builds and are willing to share their tips with everyone else.

I consider EVERYONE one here a personal friend.

I find bits from everyone who posts builds. I STEAL a bit from everyone who posts their work.

If you post your work here, you have influenced/inspired me in some way.

If we were all in a large room together, you'd be able to pick me out for sure.

I'd be the guy introducing himself to EVERYONE, and shaking hands with a smile on my face.

Thank you Gregg, and this forum for introducing me to ya'll....

Bob

Oh wait you ment on the forum lol............ my bad..... easy answer is everyone who posts up their builds and are willing to share their tips with everyone else.

Ol' Kevin here nailed it for me. Everyone who taught me, everyone who gave me constructive criticism or a valued opinion. Everyone who posts and says, "This is what I done, and how I done it!" Gentlemen and at least one lady, I salute you.