Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Buick Bonneville "Lakester"

John Teresi

Hello......this is a replica of my fathers 'Lakester" that he made and raced back in the 60`s........I built this about 3 years ago......everything is scratch built ....... except a few parts from parts box.......Dupont Jarret red.......wired and plumbed.......thank`s for looking......P.S. I have also posted pictures of my fathers real car......thank`s

DSCF4050_0279_279.jpg

DSCF4069_0257_257.jpg

DSCF4060_0266_266.jpg

DSCF4084_0242_242.jpg

DSCF4094_0232_232.jpg

DSCF4100_0226_226.jpg

DSCF4088_0238_238.jpg

DSCF4092_0234_234.jpg

DSCF4080_0246_246.jpg

DSCF4052_0277_277.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

That sure must have been quite a handful at speed running over the salt flat. Great looking build, as usual John. Very reminiscent of the garage built lakesters, built back in the '40's, '50's and '60's. Those guys were the real pioneers of the hot rod and drag racing community. They blazed whole new paths with ingenuity, sweat and, in some cases, blood. Very impressive looking build.

Did he happen to leave you a set of plans John....or was this from memoryohmy.gif....incredible as always man!!

Brian this build was a gift to my father for his birthday a couple of years ago.......my uncle had some photos of it that I went by for reference and from memory ......I will dig them out and post them......thank`s Brian and everyone else for the kind comments.