Model Cars Magazine Forum

mid engine corvette Finished 9/28

customsrus

Thanks for the comments. I was kinda looking at colors similar to this early build of mind. I thougt it might make it look a little more classy. But the stealthy look might work.

Very Clean build, but too "Boyd Coddington" style for my taste. It's easy to see your Paint results won't be a problem though!

Crazy Ed

Gorgeous design and execution so far. The mockup shows that all your careful work means that the surfaces are crisp and the details all show up extremely well. As a result I'd suggest staying away from a monochrome look (i.e. black on black, grays with silver, wheels painted to a similar shade as the body, etc.). I'd say do the main body in a bright color with strongly contrasting interior, wheels, and engine compartment to emphasize all the nice elements of this build. Mike's suggestion to use a metallic or pearl might add some highlights to show off the shapes a bit better than a solid. Myself, I'd do it in a medium pearl orange with a stainless roof panel, polished aluminum wheels and grill, with a dark red/orange interior with stainless steel highlights and matte body color engine compartment cover.

Edited by Bernard Kron

Finally got this painted. I hope you like this color, I wanted to paint it a color that was out of the normal so I found this color. It is testors one coat laquer Bronze. Never tried this paint before but it is very user friendly, goes on smooth. I did wet sand a polish this car to make the metallic pop!. For those of you who wanted to see a bright yellow or orange on this build let me just say this color looks great in person. Plus it matches the carbon fiber decals that I used. Again comments are always welcomed.

IMG_0827-vi.jpgIMG_0830-vi.jpg

IMG_0829-vi.jpgIMG_0831-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus