Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paulie Hauling's "Love Machine"

• 4 weeks later...

Sergey

Nice work as usual, but need to ask why the decals? thought it would have been easier to paint the cab, then add the decals as needed, it must be hard to get the

cab colour to the chassis

I don't have a picture of the cab over clutch set up, only the conventional W model, but it would be on the same sort of set up, with brackets and levers,

would be much easier to do hydraulic set up with a slave cylinder

Got any more up dates?

Hey Tony!

I can't print white permits in the back bottom corner of the cab, using my jet printer. So I can't figure out another way to safe authenticity here.

BUT, here is the result:

107.jpg

As you can see, the decal suit the cab well, but main probleme here are air bubbles, sticking between cab and decal. I coulden't release them all. They are marked with red.

109.jpg

108.jpg

I already wash the decal off and will ask Jim to make the decal separate for easy to use and print white symbols on ALP printer. Perhaps everyone can buy the set soon.

Edited by Sergey

• 2 weeks later...

Sergey

Nice job on the engine, the fan belts look great,

and there is nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, and this is the closest I have seen to it http://www.henribaigent.org/Ferrari/ferrari.htm make sure you read the story, as this man far out does the famous Mr Wingrove,

not to say that Gerald Wingrove does make a beautiful model, Henry Baigent does it with more detail enjoy

• 1 month later...

Привесвую Сергей! С детсва болею американскими (и не только) грузовиками (фильм "Конвой" сыграл здесь не последнюю роль).Уровень детализации вашей модели просто потрясающий! Замки на аккумуляторных ящиках, рабочие аммортизаторы, двигатель как будто с рекламного проспекта мак, просто фантастика! Только непонятно, зачем клеить такую огромную декаль на всю кабину, это же ужасно сложно. Пару лет назад посчастливилось раздобыть амт-шный круизлайнер, и я так же как и вы решил слепить "свинарника".Модель закончил этим летом,вот то что получилось http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/diamondreo/. Сейчас работаю над 352м питом из того же фильма. Очень хочется увидеть чем закончится ваша эпопея с маком!

Удачи!

I am gob smacked at the amount of detail is in this build. As I am scrolling down the page, reading all post's and comments, I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief thinking to myself how many hours of research and bench time that has gone into this. What an amazing job you have done Sergey, well done.

Привесвую Сергей!

Привет, Денис.

Спасибо. Рад знакомству. Очередной раз убеждаюсь, что наши моделисты мыслят одинаково (независимо друг от друга) в одно и то же время. Видел твой Маск. Отлично сделано. И декали видел. А для чего если не секрет логотип "Leslie Leasing Co"?

Мне и самому уже не терпится увидеть чем это закончится, но катострофически не хватает времени.

2 Sticks & Chuck Most: Thank you guys for your comments. Didn't know that XJ220 article published already.

А для чего если не секрет логотип "Leslie Leasing Co"?

Приветствую! "Leslie Leasing Co"- надпись на двери синего 352-го Пита из того-же фильма. Как раз на днях начал над ним работать. Фильм в детстве сильно запал в душу, поэтому сейчас хочу потихоньку воссоздавать машины-участники. Причем не те что на первых ролях (Резиновых утят и Свинарников делают многие), а что-нибудь из второго плана, например белый Brockway или красный двухосный Mack.

А насчет времени это точно. Я свой Mack лепил по вечерам примерно год!!!!

Gentlemen use English please!!!

It is very simple and easy for me to write here in Greek, but who can read Greek here???

This is an English writing board, so please keep it in English.

I think its OK if you are use British English or US English, (I use a mix of both) but keep it in ENGLISH!!!!

Kostas.

Gentlemen use English please!!!

It is very simple and easy for me to write here in Greek, but who can read Greek here???

This is an English writing board, so please keep it in English.

I think its OK if you are use British English or US English, (I use a mix of both) but keep it in ENGLISH!!!!

Kostas.

You know, the only language I can't read or understand is Greek. So I understand english and french, all the rest is Greek to me... :D

Kostas

I highlight what they say and right click on mouse and click on translate with bing. it only takes a second. No harm is done.

I am using google chrome as a browser so it is very easy to translate every thing.

I was meaning that it would be better for the board and the other members to use English to understand each other.

I can't recal but I think there is a board rulle about the language we are using.

Kostas.