Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your Projects for 2011

For 2011 I'm running my yearly Cannonball Run CBP on the other forum (probably my last) and have a special build planned for it. I have another weathered rod planned, an AMT 34 Ford stakebed dually with trailer. Finish up my current pro-tour Camaro before the February Jaxcon. Hopefully my surf rod will see completion. Beyond these, nothing else planned.

wow, for 2011....i going to finish my datsun 510, im in the historic racing CB with a toyota corolla N2, and possibly join in on a tamiya ferrari 360 group build on another forum.

other than that, ill probably also pick up and contitnue with a couple of other older projects. :D an 85 corolla levin flared out with body kit and drift damage. calling it "down-n-out" and a fantasy racer corona MarkII

I've got a 06 charger mad max charger and street gasser concept camaro started, a 41 willy's street gasser, slammed 41 willy's street rod planned or started and a 69 ply gtx,64 pontiac and a 70 challenger in the inspiration stages. Just hope the cash flow and motivation hold up. lol

Once my Slant 6 Challenger is done I'm starting on converting a '71 Johan Cuda to a '70 convertible, then a Hang 10 Dart, then maybe a '68 GTX convertible, or possibly Johan Superbird. After that I'm not sure, maybe another '70 Cuda convertible. Also doing a '10 Mr Norms Challenger / Cuda convertible conversion in there somewhere.

Edited by ian ashton

For 2011 I'm running my yearly Cannonball Run CBP on the other forum (probably my last) and have a special build planned for it. I have another weathered rod planned, an AMT 34 Ford stakebed dually with trailer. Finish up my current pro-tour Camaro before the February Jaxcon. Hopefully my surf rod will see completion. Beyond these, nothing else planned.

Rob, this is just a suggestion, but any chance maybe moving the Cannonball over here? I had a lot of fun with this years, even though I didn't get the Ford big rig done like I'd hoped, but honestly the Cannonball was the only thing keeping me going back to the other forum. Either way, I have a build reserved!

I have a few CBPs I've entered, plus I want to wrap up the stuff I started in the fall.

I also hope to have this done by the end of July.

162973_10150360735845354_569735353_16346959_3027183_n.jpg

Whoo Hoo Jimmy! Looking good.

I plan on finishing the Impala SS, one of the police cars that I drove and a choice resin '54 Olds.

G

I have lots of models that I would like to build in 2011, but I can't say with any certainty what they will be. We'll have to wait and see what the voices in my head tell me and how much my Modeler's ADD interferes.

Marc are you talking about me ? Cause that's like an echo of whats in my head :rolleyes:

Guest Markus355

to finish my titan 90 for the big rig cbp and also to finish my intl transtar

i have a 68 elcamino for a club build due in july, and a 57 cameo on the go as well.

Not much for me in 2011 we have our first baby due in feburary. So 2010 first year of model building and completed 13 models. Had so much fun (thanks mostly to you guys on this forum) 2011 will be a quite year for building but I will still build now and then (when time is spare) but I will always be on here. Looking forward to baby can't wait. Merry Xmas e everybody!

Like Harry stated, planning is futile as I build them as I find them. With over 300 in the stash I can go without buying more but why? B)

I have a bunch of WIP that need finishing, some more than 10 years old ( I know! )and I plan on getting to them.

I also have been thinking of eliminating some of the stash as I have many kits that I won't build or have changed my mind about.

But I do hope to get more kits done in 2011, all part of my plan to reduce stress and focus on better living habits.