Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

I have an idea, see if you can convince a Games Workshop guy to give you a Skull or a skeleton warriors sprue, you could use these parts to make unique parts like a shift lever made out of a femur with a skull atop it?

Just an idea but this build is definately headed in a creepy, messed up direction and I like it, keep going mate, i'm behind ya all the way!

I have an idea, see if you can convince a Games Workshop guy to give you a Skull or a skeleton warriors sprue, you could use these parts to make unique parts like a shift lever made out of a femur with a skull atop it?

Just an idea but this build is definately headed in a creepy, messed up direction and I like it, keep going mate, i'm behind ya all the way!

Totally impressed with what the games store had from the reapers collection, didnt find any bones yet but will go back friday for more.

DSCN2228.jpg

DSCN2232.jpg

DSCN2229.jpg

DSCN2237.jpg

DSCN2236.jpg

DSCN2239.jpg

Not sure on placement of the axes but will probably make a rack to hold them in the cab.....

Edited by Darren B

Had some more time to work on this last night. May have to come up with something else for a seat now as there is no more room for the current one. That or I need to find some smaller skulls. Also made a hood ornament as well.

DSCN2244.jpg

DSCN2243.jpg

DSCN2242.jpg

DSCN2241.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments. Not much to update, spent the whole night trying to figure out where to put the weapons, and decided the seat was too big and any seat back would cover must of the detail from the back of the cab. So I decided to make a new seat with no back. That way all the detail should show thru. Some of the weapons will be on the doors and some hanging from the dashboard.

DSCN2250.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

Edited by Darren B

Thanks Kevin,DSCN2268.jpg

making some barb wire to place on the vehicle somewhere. Also mocking up the steering wheel and dashboard. The steering column is coming out of a rat swarm from the reapers mini set. Now to just figure out how to sculpt some bones and I think im done.

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

Wow mate, really good use of the reapers set! I'm keen to build a cadillac hearse using parts from the skeleton warriors sprues and call it the undertaker :( Or perhaps an Edd Roth inspired topless paddy wagon done up as a hearse... hmm ideas.

Thanks for the inspiration mate!

If you are going for a factory stock look on the truck, the seat is too far to the middle of the cab.

No, seriously, this build is cracking me up. I can just see some hooded skeleton driving around town and people saying "oh, dear, look at that!". I like the weapons holder on the door. The single seat makes sense - who the hell would want to ride round with THAT guy? Great!

Edited by Coyotehybrids

Wow mate, really good use of the reapers set! I'm keen to build a cadillac hearse using parts from the skeleton warriors sprues and call it the undertaker :rolleyes: Or perhaps an Edd Roth inspired topless paddy wagon done up as a hearse... hmm ideas.

Thanks for the inspiration mate!

Thats what im needing for this build i need bones, bones, and more bones, is it a separate kit that can be ordered?

Thats what im needing for this build i need bones, bones, and more bones, is it a separate kit that can be ordered?

The kit your after comes from the Games Workshop stores in the Warhammer area in a Maroon kind of old school looking box, don't be affraid to ask for help in store. I'll see if i can find out more :(

The kit your after comes from the Games Workshop stores in the Warhammer area in a Maroon kind of old school looking box, don't be affraid to ask for help in store. I'll see if i can find out more :lol:

Cool, im gonna go to a gamer store tomorrow ill check it out. Thanks. I have already spent a mint on the reaper minis why stop now?

Edited by Darren B

your best bet is if you can find an "actual" Games Workshop store. There's more inspiration then an M Night Shyamalan movie in there :P

Its as close as it gets to a gamer store here in turkey town, most everything has shut their doors in the last 4 years. In fact at one time we had like 10 hobby shops now only have 1 1/2 left.....ohno.gifohno.gifohno.gifohno.gifohno.gifohno.gifohno.gif

Edited by Darren B

OH MY, you are really going over the top with this one . . . fantastic details all over the place.

Thank you Dr.Cranky. I have gone farther than I ever have on a car/truck build, have to know thou when to say when so I can finish it sometime this decade thou.

your best bet is if you can find an "actual" Games Workshop store. There's more inspiration then an M Night Shyamalan movie in there :lol:

went to that gamer store still came up empty, gonna have to sculpt them myself I guess.ohno.gifohno.gifohno.gifohno.gifohno.gif

Edited by Darren B

Maybe look fro sprue kits on ebay? they should be easy to find. Again it's a huge hobby but yes in remote areas it's hard to get the parts.

You know what's funny? I went into the hobby shop yesterday and they'd just gotten in a shipment of new kits, and low and behold there's the cadillac I'm after... well bugger me if I didn't say I was after one just a few hours before i went in store!

Maybe look fro sprue kits on ebay? they should be easy to find. Again it's a huge hobby but yes in remote areas it's hard to get the parts.

You know what's funny? I went into the hobby shop yesterday and they'd just gotten in a shipment of new kits, and low and behold there's the cadillac I'm after... well bugger me if I didn't say I was after one just a few hours before i went in store!

I dont do ebay any more, actually have some of this stuff...aves.jpggonna try to sculpt my own bones.

Edited by Darren B

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more mate, this is going to be one sick ride!

Thank you, I am trying to decide when enough detail is enough on the interior so I can start to work on the pumps, hydros and work out a paint scheme to try to get this thing together.