Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

I'm not a fan of low riders but I love the concept. You have given me some ideas for a future build.

I also paint gaming minies but never thought of using them on a model. Looking good keep it coming.

Thank you james. I never thought of using them either till Dr.Cranky gave me the idea, that and watch parts, every model has a place for both.

small update, been learning how to use my sherline lathe to make the pully set for this chevy, and oil breather cap, radiator cap.

0422121246a.jpg

Edited by Darren B

I agree with who ever said this project has taken a life of it's own. It just keeps building and building and building. So much waiting for a splash of paint. Keep grinding away Darren, we will all be anxiously waiting at the finish line ( Under Glass). This may be one of the great builds of the decade. I can hear them, Go Darren! Go Darren! Go Darren!....... Oh and I love the holes in the skirts where you can see the skulls on the wheels and the window webs. I can visualise some red LEDs with smoke coming from them. Still enjoying the ride!

• 2 weeks later...

Darren.......looks GREAT!!!!!........hope all is well.

John all is well thank you, didn't know that you went to the desert classic in april in Phoenix, some of my crew from the Albuquerque Model Car Club go out there and im planning on finishing this one to enter next year in the desert classic and hoping to meet you in person. Your one of my favorite builders out there and Im gonna tag along with my crew to enter this one so im on a mad dash to finish it. Hope to meet you in person next april!

Even the Reaper likes a day off ouch in a while I would think surfin could be his dig, hehe!!!

I havent given up on the surf board idea yet, just have to find a clever way to incorporate the board without it sticking out of place to much. I may even have to add another trailer on the casket trailer to add the board but thats in the planning stages yet.

I havent given up on the surf board idea yet, just have to find a clever way to incorporate the board without it sticking out of place to much. I may even have to add another trailer on the casket trailer to add the board but thats in the planning stages yet. Thank you for your comments too.

######.

Can't say much more than that lol.

What if for the paint, it has both flat and gloss elements? Flat in the front end peeling back the gloss? Just a suggestion.

I'm sure there's gonna be more added now that you've posted that last pic.

Keep it going Darren!