Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

0102120035.jpg

I made a revelation when trying to fit the coffins to the rear fenders for taillights that the coffins are actually made out of solder, so i removed the lids from the coffins and filled the gaps that were in the lid from the hinges with more solder, filed and sanded them smooth.

0102120036b.jpg

Edited by Darren B

Darren.......thank you for getting back to this build.......I have been waiting for you to finish this ...... this build is a one of a kind ......and truly a GREAT build.

John, coming from such a craftsman and artist as yourself that is an awesome compliment, thank you very much. I'm now trying to stay on top of this one to finish it, this month marks the 13th month that I have been working on it and thats too long, need to finish it.

That plastic model is your canvas. You are a true artist and an awesome modeller.

I have this kit sitting in front of me right now but there is no way I can match what you have done.

Rob thank you for the awesome comment. I even have amazed me with what I have done to this one so far the craziest i have ever gone on a build actually, and I think I keep adding things to it because Im not sure how to paint it. Originally it was gonna be a candy burgundy paint with a ghost pattern but think I better go with a flat paint/rat rod paint job. Be more realistic. However, any modeller can kick out something like this, for me was discovering how easy the sign foam was to work with, and having a lot of details come together.

Edited by Darren B

It's great to see you back on this one, and I hope we will see it finished in 2012! Keep it going, buddy.

Dr. Cranky, that is one thing I want to get done this year, and basically I could finish it soon, I really cant get anymore detail on it, my biggest problem is not knowing where Im going on the paint scheme now. I am torn between my original vision of a high gloss burgundy ghost pattern lowrider paint job or a rat/rod/flat paint job. That is my hurtle now to get over the hump on this build, when that happens it will be all down hill from there on the build and then I can put it in the under the glass section. Can't wait to get there...........

Came up with an idea last night after going thru some extra parts and decals, a surfboard, then i thought a lowrider from hell would NOT need a surf board but I kinda like the look, what do you all think? comments please.............

DSCN3854.jpg

DSCN3851.jpg

DSCN3845.jpg

Edited by Darren B

Thank you all for your comments, I like the surfboard but it really doesnt fit the style, the way it is now I can leave the board stand loose in the bed and display it with the board and if I get tired of it leave it off all together. Kinda like a duel purpose accesory.

Edited by Darren B

Again thank you all for your awesome comments. Did it again, went back to the gamer store and found more weapons and some bats, this thing needs bats.

DSCN3862.jpg

DSCN3863.jpg

Somebody has to stop me now its over a hundred bucks for the gamer stuff and I am never gonna finish this thing if i keep adding to it.............

Edited by Darren B

STAY OUT OF THE GAMER STORE, Darren, and paint that thing already!

Serioulsy i checked the receipts on what i bought allready and its crazy, and we think models are exspensive, check out a gamer store. I have decided thou on the paint that im going with my original idea of a ghost patterned out candy apple paint job/burgundy metal flake. I think that would make the gray stone thingys stick out really well.