Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sixx

Tamiya Primers

Just a quick but puzzling question. Whats up with Tamiya primers??!!! I can't seem to get it anywhere anymore!! I used to get it at Hobbylinc.com, but it's been discontinued there. Tried Tower Hobby, Mega Hobby, and Ehobbies,- sold out at those places. I can get it on Ebay- If I want to spend 28 bucks for one stoopid can!!!!!!!!!! Does anybody know of a good, fine grained primer like Tamiyas? I use duplicolor filler, sealer, & sandable primers, but the last coats I prefer Tamiyas white or grey. Thanks in advanced for any help. Sixx

Wish I could tell you a source...all mine show it "on order", I also use duplacolor primer and now shoot a coat of HOK BC26 white base for all my HOK jobs.

Duplacolor linen white is OK, but shoots glossy as it is a top coat......:blink:;):)

It is temporarily unavailable thanks to California labeling laws. I cleaned my LHS out of it a few weeks ago. All distributors and online retailers appear to be out of stock but hopefully it will be available soon. Duplicolor and some wet sanding with 1500-2000 paper or Micro Mesh will be your best bet in the interim.