Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Buick Special wagon!!!

cruz

Hey guys, decided to post this done by a very good builder and friend of mine from Puerto Rico, Christopher Alicea. It's an original AMT kit that he painted with Dupli-Color Black and topped with Urethane Clear. He also used Pegasus rims on it. I think it looks terrific, what do you guys think??? :)

chrisbuick2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

chrisbuick3-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

chrisbuick4-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

chrisbuick-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Cool wagon!:)

My second car was a 4door 62 Buick Special that I got from my Mom! I wanted her 55 Cadillac but she wouldn't let that go for 5 more years!

It had the 215 V8 with a 4barrell carb and three speed manual trans. It was white and I added a blacked out grill blacked the bulge down the hood center with a pinstipe outline and blacked out the cove across the back between the tail lights.

Added a set of Radir wheels and iger Paw Tires! Cool car! Wish I still had pictures of it!

If I could find a kit of the 4 door I would try and replicare it in smakk scale!:rolleyes:

I just can't get into those rims. Other than that, a very nice build.

I have one downstairs that I plan to restore before much longer.

Charlie Larkin

I have to agree with Mr. Larkin here . The rims do nothing for such a beautiful car such as this was . The overall exicution of such a rare model is indeed flawless ! Please send me the rims as I do have a good use for them , on my 61 Special wagon that will be part of a service station diorama ......... Ed Shaver

Hello there Mr.C' gotta say this is one cool lookin wagon! Its nutz where you all are finding these rare subjects. I'd love to get a hold of a Ltd squire! But..... thats what dreams are made of! Excellent build -up he has put together give em my congrats!

peace

Tito

• 1 month later...

Oh, man, that is KILLER!!! A shame AMT killed the tooling for this thing when they turned it into a Nova wagon, then turned the Nova wagon into the Boss Nova drag car. B) This kit, and a few more of the Jo-Han '61 Olds F-85 wagons, has been on my wish list for a very long time!

That's really SWEET!!! I love those old Buick's, the front end looks almost post modern. Kind of like a couple of knife edges coming at you...

My brother in law has a '63 Skylark that I keep pushing him to get back to work on, it has the all aluminum 215c.i. and is a really solid car, just a little body work and she's ready to roll...

IMG00064-20100516-1337.jpg