Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Hemi Dart Super Stock

W-409

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, Wayne and Bill. Those rear slicks look pretty good to me, but they need pretty much sanding before they can be installed. Motor Tool would help of course, but I realized it too late.

Little update, I painted the roll bar Gloss Black. Those "Canvas" parts or whatever they are called, are painted SemiGloss Black. Fire Extinguisher is painted with Tamiya's acrylic paint, the decal is from this kit. Then I installed the roll bar in place and shifter too. Also the chassis is on four wheels now. It's not my best but still Okay. It needs some finishing, though.

P7090164.jpg

This is how dashboard looks right now:

P7090166.jpg

P7090167.jpg

P7090168.jpg

Little More work done with the Hemi Dart. I built Seat Belts for this, and I used some Aftermarket Seat Belt Stuff (Scale Dreams, I guess) and Photo Etch goodies from MCG. I made those Simpson logos too, but I'm not sure if I will change them later. I did some Detail Painting with silver on the door panels too, hope to have them installed tomorrow.

P7100181.jpg

P7100182.jpg

P7100188.jpg

Hey Niko! That Revell Dart kit is terrific and you are doing a good job on it. One thing that I want to point out to you is your shoulder harness attachment point. No way would that ever pass tech inspection, now or in the past. In case of an accident, they would rip right out of that thin sheet metal package tray. Even if that attachment point was strong and secure, the belts are too long! Not good.

The belts should always be attached to the roll bar. Unfortunately, the kit roll bar does not come with a cross bar but that is easily remedied.

WF

Edited by 6bblbird

Thanks, Marty and Walter!

The seatbelts are not correct, I know that, but this time I just wanted to keep it simple. Of course it wouldn't have been too big deal to rework that roll bar, as I did in my Nova build, but now I did it this way. Next time better. ;) Now needs to get back on the Torino build. It's getting easier to make correct NHRA Stocker than with the Nova, since I have some experience of building 1:1 Scale Stock Eliminator Race Car too. :P

Thanks for the great comments, John, Dave and Derrick!

I just finished Foiling the body. It looks quite good now, actually. Next I'm going to add decals on, so I should have a picture update soon. ;)

I finished the interior. Or at least it's almost there, I might still change those Simpson Logos of the Seat Belts, if I find decals somewhere. Tachometer is mechanical, I don't know if they were Mechanical or Electrical in 1968, but that fits nicely on the style of this car.

P7200180.jpg

P7200181.jpg

P7200182.jpg

And then I decaled the body. It felt like inpossible at some point, especially those big decals under Hemi Thunder textes were really hard to set right. They need some Micro Sol still, but otherwise I'm pretty much done with the body, of course it needs some clear and polishing next, but...

P7200185.jpg

P7200186.jpg

Few More:

P7200187.jpg

P7200188.jpg

P7200189.jpg

Thanks Roger!

I'm going to use just simple and easy Maston Clear straight from Spray can. It has always worked fine for me with every decal job. Maybe some paints, you have in the USA are better, like HOK or something. :P

Thanks, Daniel! Post pictures of your build too, sounds very good to me. B)

Thanks, Corey. Now it feels like I need to get this off from my bench, and moved to "Display Case". ;)

Thanks to Darryl too! Detail work makes the model "Pop Out" and I think it's easy way to make these builds to look better. :D

Little update too. I clearcoated the body yesterday. Luckily it went Okay. It's bit wet on the pictures, but that's what it will look when it's completely dry. Now needs to let it dry, and then polish it.

P7210178.jpg

P7210176.jpg

P7210175.jpg

P7210177.jpg

Thanks Fred, John and Dave, I appreciate the kind comments. :P

The body is now ready to be polished, I guess. I'm going to continue working with this tomorrow with some engine detailing and hopefully I can get rest of parts painted. Polishing may take more than just one day, since I don't like it and it's pretty slow too. But hope to have something to show you tomorrow.

Thanks Carl, And Brett!

Not Much done, but I got the body polished. I'm pretty happy about the result, even if I couldn't polish other than the roof and trunk lid. That's because there are many decals on the sides of that car, and I didn't want to risk them with polishing - I just waxed those places. But otherwise I'm quite happy, hood needs to be polished yet, but I need to paint it first. I don't know why, but many times I forget to paint the hood at the same time, when I'm painting the body.

P8010252.jpg

P8010250.jpg

P8010249.jpg

P8010247.jpg

Started Making Brake Lines, too. Anyway I don't have pics of them yet, but I had to do a little Mock Up.

P8010254.jpg

P8010255.jpg

P8010256.jpg