Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alaska Mack Lab now in showcase

Hello All

I have completed my build of the Alaska Mack Lab truck.

Just uploaded last 16 photos to my photobucket account of this build. I did enjoy building this project mostly ad lib. Got to try new building materials new ideas done things I have not done before. Used 7 bottles of Testors Pacific blue a first for me in a single build all airbrushed. Nothing from this build will end up as new resin cast items in my catalogue but that was not the goal. This project is heavy and big. Just under 25 inches long 5 inches wide do not have a scale to weight it.

Also it is my first project documented on m y Photbucket account from the very start. You get to see this project take shape during the 2 year span. It is not a perfect build it was not the goal but good enough to get excellent results. I must say that I did not encounter much difficulty for this size project as I was building I was anticipating future steps. It is not a replica of any real truck so I did not have to match anything so my imagination was used during construction.

Here is the link from my photobucket: 151 photos are in this album

Mack Lab link

DSC05118.jpg

DSC05117.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux