Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ted Musgrave Mopar Craftsman Nascar truck

1320wayne

Here is my first 2011 completed project. It is the Revell Mopar Craftsman Nascar truck built primarily out of the box with a few additions or changes. The ride height has been lowered to better the stance and I used a Modern Motorsports resin exhaust in place of the kit part. The decals are from JWTBM.

DSC06492-vi.jpg

DSC06494-vi.jpg

DSC06495-vi.jpg

DSC06497-vi.jpg

DSC06498-vi.jpg

DSC06496-vi.jpg

• Like 3

The truck looks great. Nice paint and the decals look like they went on well. Were those stock decals or aftermarket? I have always heard that the stock decals on the trucks are not very good.

-----

Amazing . Lotsa detail . Just right . I know you won't get many comments as NASCAR has fallen out of favor in the Hobby World . What did it for me are two things ;

All makes sharing the same body . Why is it still called Stock Car Racing ? Two ...Jap Scraps competing . IMHO ..Really ?? Those aren't any better than anything else . Look at whom is making headlines for re-calls . I was an Industry Insider . Did you ever try to get replacement parts from Japan ? The costs of the parts and time involved to get them negate the fuel savings . Once again ..IMHO ..perception . I am allowed IMHO . Thanx ..

Ummm... wow.

The truck looks great. Nice paint and the decals look like they went on well. Were those stock decals or aftermarket? I have always heard that the stock decals on the trucks are not very good.

The decals are aftermarket. They were from a company called Just Want to Build a Model. The decals may still be readily available on Ebay from time to time. They are awesome and went on great.

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by 1320wayne

• 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...