Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 nova

RobH

Hey Rob - It's one of Revell's better kits to have come out in the past year - I have several of them and am working on different styles - I might consider building the kit in grey primer to give it a "almost" ready look for a drag car - But my plans may change as the build go's on - No matter what color you pick it's still a winner of a kit - Post more pic's as things pregress - Thanks - Joe

Hey Rob - It's one of Revell's better kits to have come out in the past year - I have several of them and am working on different styles - I might consider building the kit in grey primer to give it a "almost" ready look for a drag car - But my plans may change as the build go's on - No matter what color you pick it's still a winner of a kit - Post more pic's as things pregress - Thanks - Joe

es12fc.jpg

what ya think? idk if it will look right with all the chrome?? what do you think?

Rob,

Sounds like you want our approval for a primer build and all I will say is if that is where you are headed, Go For It !

Build it like you want, you can always get another to paint blue.

A word of caution on that blue- the metalflakes are pretty big so the color doesn't really reflect a factory color. Makes for a nice custom though.

I have one nearly done and it is painted hugger orange and I plan to build a few more in different colors.

Rob,

Sounds like you want our approval for a primer build and all I will say is if that is where you are headed, Go For It !

Build it like you want, you can always get another to paint blue.

A word of caution on that blue- the metalflakes are pretty big so the color doesn't really reflect a factory color. Makes for a nice custom though.

I have one nearly done and it is painted hugger orange and I plan to build a few more in different colors.

im thinking about waiting on the color of the body for a while seeing that the weather is WAYY to cold right now ill hold off for now and build everything first

looks like your off to a good start

(too bad it didnt come with a hemi though)

about leaving it in primer, here is something to consider

its a duster im waiting on (just need some parts for the engine to finsih it up)

anyway, the paint is clear over primer

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTAtMjAxMDEyMDUtMjAyMS5qcGc.jpg

Do a test spray on something (like a plastic spoon) before you shoot your model with it. The metallic in the Testors one coat is way too big IMO. I painted a Nova with the Icy Blue and regretted it. The color looks good,but the metal flakes are just way too big. Someday I'll repaint it.