Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lonestar test shot build-up #3

Anyone know of when a more recent release update will be? I can't wait to order 3 of these!

Chad

Hey Chad

I was told by the dealer I pick up my new kits from last weekend that he was told the release date was backed up again from March to end of April maybe. This is hearsay mind you but that is the last word I have been able to find out.

Sorry, I've been kinda busy lately, but here's the latest as I know it.

We've had the second test shot and reviewed it - there are a few more little things to be fixed.

I expect to see the last of those fixes early next week, If there are no bad surprises then we start mass injection of parts and Hopefully shipment will be around the end of March.

If that happens, and I have no rason to believe that it won't, and customs cooperates when the container hits the port - then kits should start showing up on store shelves by late April.

In the mean time here are a few pics of a second test shot that I whacked together - color inspired by Roush Racing's new hauler for the #17 Cup car... Roush has new LoneStars for all his race haulers!

I'll add box art to the gallery too.

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Trucks/More-Lonestar/15962954_MeYAN

Thanks,

Dave

To be honest I'm not familiar with our distribution in Europe, My job here is product development...

I know that we have a distributor in the UK however time between kits arriving here and getting to Europe is hard to answer, often it is several weeks or longer...

Best answer I can give if you want the kit promptly is to watch for it to become available thru Internet sources...

There are many good e-sellers out there Including several large firms that ship kits worldwide and many of them will have the kit right away.

Dave

the box art looks great,love the #17 truck too. now u can make a new NASCAR trailer to go with the lonestar.or a new reefer will do.

Of course the hard core truck modelers will love this kit, but also marketing this kit to the NASCAR crowd is also a brilliant marketing move.

I third or fourth the Nascar trailer. A overhead rack closed trailer would appeal to a lot more than just Nascar modelers. Many big name short track guys use them so do a lot of drag guys.

I can't wait for this kit. I have already traded for it, :mellow: . The fun of being broke.

Of course the hard core truck modelers will love this kit, but also marketing this kit to the NASCAR crowd is also a brilliant marketing move.

It's only a brilliant move if someone makes a realistic modern Nascar hauler. Otherwise a bunch a Nascar guys will have cool tractors with nothing to haul their cars in.

• 3 weeks later...