Model Cars Magazine Forum

That "other mag"

Good grief their update is awful. I would use a nice, colorful swear word, but there isnt any cussing allowed. The forum is almost impossible to read now. I hate it. Yet one more GOOD reason to stay here and avoid that other place!

They are both run by the same umbrella company, the company that worries what kind of an impression your models will make on impressionable young minds all over the USA.

Scary models make kids do terrible things, right?

Look what happened to Cranky!

I have only just glanced at it. I have a lot of history there and a CBP that I have run or helped run for three years now. I hope it's not too bad. Yes this is a great forum, and I spend by far more time here than any other, but I have friends there that have been content to stay there and I'm cool with that.

Edited by Jantrix

Like any other change in life, it takes some getting used to.

There is a reason there is more than one car model forum and magazine to choose from.........

While this forum is more comfortable for a lot of us, others find it impersonable.

While many like the MCM magazine, others like SA more.

To each his own I guess.

Spotlight hobbies , hummmmm.......... reads like an instruction manual for a Tandy computer , circa 1983 ! Ed Shaver

Exactly! :lol:

How do people put up with that crazy layout... it's all gibberish. There's no format, no categories... it's all just one big mess. I've been there before and checked it out and I can't understand how or why people put up with that format. Or should I say lack of format. It's like trying to find a particular book in the library if all the books were shelved totally at random! :angry:

Good grief their update is awful. I would use a nice, colorful swear word, but there isnt any cussing allowed. The forum is almost impossible to read now. I hate it. Yet one more GOOD reason to stay here and avoid that other place!

Tell them about it.Who cares on this board? Why is it people complain about the other board here all the time?

Tell me about it! The Spotlight board gives me migraines just looking at it. Has anybody told Tom Carter about IP, or Proboards?

I never understood why everyone types their message in the subject line over there.

But we're here, so who really cares?

I just complained. I have taken note of the dae and time. Lets see how long it takes them to ban me!

Me too! I wonder how long it takes them to delete my post over there or ban me!?!? :):(:D

What a shame.

Why is there an us & them mentality.

We all enjoy building models don’t we?

And to debate the pros & cons of model building is a good & healthy thing.

But why the need to berate another forum because they have a different approach on their board?

A shared hobby is a hobby that benefits everyone, beginners like me & the experts among us too. To a greater or lesser degree we can all profit from both boards.

By limiting oneself to just one board for……(enter your own reason here)…seams to me to be short-sighted & restrictive.

Ok so you are all thinking “the dumb Britt just doesn’t get it†& you’d be correct. I really don’t understand the overly competitive nature that this board has against SA.

I’d agree SA is different, but does different equate to bad? And in the grand scheme of things does it really matter.

I remain an old guy bewildered & confused.

Stay safe everyone.

Davey.

I'm with you guys. There's room for many boards for everyone to get their modeling fix. I visit SA too but I don't like their corporate control there. That pop up every time I go telling me to subscribe (I am a subscriber) probably keeps me away more than anything! It's just the principal if it.

For whatever reason (I KNOW the reason .. the people here) I just enjoy going through ALL the new messages here and adding my 2 cents. But, there's room for all and to each his own. No bashing is necessary ... people will gravitate to what they like best anyway.

I have never visited SA board. As for Tom Carter, it’s a dysfunctional mess using antique software. Plus the paranoia that if so much as a hint of another business named, or an on-line sale mentioned, he deletes. Just yesterday I saw this exchange between someone whose name I will delete, being accused of “berating†his board, when I could only find one previous comment that seemed quite… petty. I think it would behoove Mr. C. to employ a little… no, a lot more tact. He is his own worst enemy.

Yes, and the moron spammer is repying to my posts so I now get spammed via SH message notification.... Time to reluctantly remove my email from my posts *NM*

Posted By: xxxxxxx

<emailaddressremovedbecauseofmoronicspammers@antiquatedmessageboard.com> (121.215.155.1)

Date: Tuesday, 11 January 2011, at 7:25 a.m.

In Response To: I made it to work this morning but its deserted around here. And that moron spammer is back again. *NM* (xxxx xxxxx)

You're not alone. This is getting old.And yes I removed the check, how convenient. *NM*

Posted By: xxxxxx (68.3.230.35)

Date: Tuesday, 11 January 2011, at 10:21 a.m.

Actually, what's getting old is your berating a board you haven't invested a cent in. *NM*

Posted By: Tom/Spotlight Hobbies <spotlighthobbies@aol.com> (75.135.152.11)

Date: Tuesday, 11 January 2011, at 10:53 a.m.

In Response To: You're not alone. This is getting old.And yes I removed the check, how convenient. *NM* (xxxxx)