Model Cars Magazine Forum

any eastern iowa MCCs?

• 2 months later...

Born in D-port and raised just outside Blue Grass,IA(I still call it home). Moved to cheeseland in 96 w/my wife due to lack of decent jobs and a little trouble with the law :twisted: (all cleared up now) I get back 4-5 times a year to visit my family now. There used to be Kustom Kemps in Miniature (I think that's correct) in Davenport. I think Mel Peasley from M.V.R. hobby(he's on Spring St. off Kimberly) was a part of that. If you haven't been there, please go, I have to every visit. Decent prices, lots o stuff, + Mel's a good guy and he probably knows of any local clubs. I think he is the last independent shop in the QC. Glad to see people build there still. Does anyone put on any shows around the QC? I can use any reason to come home.Keep on modelin'

I'm jealous, i'm still stuck in a one car. Two motorcycles and it's full.Have to keep my project car in a storage shed, and can't work on it there. :cry: I used to know Muscatine fairly well, haven't been closer than Wildcat Den in the last 10-15 yrs (man I'm feelin old). Good luck in Wapello

Born in D-port and raised just outside Blue Grass,IA(I still call it home). Moved to cheeseland in 96 w/my wife due to lack of decent jobs and a little trouble with the law :twisted: (all cleared up now) I get back 4-5 times a year to visit my family now. There used to be Kustom Kemps in Miniature (I think that's correct) in Davenport. I think Mel Peasley from M.V.R. hobby(he's on Spring St. off Kimberly) was a part of that. If you haven't been there, please go, I have to every visit. Decent prices, lots o stuff, + Mel's a good guy and he probably knows of any local clubs. I think he is the last independent shop in the QC. Glad to see people build there still. Does anyone put on any shows around the QC? I can use any reason to come home.Keep on modelin'

KKIM is still running strong, had the 20th anniversary last year. MVR is the last independant, but it's a ###### good one to have. Mel is a good guy, his prices are good, and he caters to model builders, unlike the other outfit in town that wont even look at you unless you are one of his RC buddies.

I actually just moved to Blue Grass in February, small world.

BTW, if you need an excuse to come to the QC, Kemps has their show every October and March

Do you live right in town? I grew up on Coon Hunters Road(not actually on but next to:) and my parents still do.

I did a quick scan of your fotki, lots of good pics, KKiM looks pretty cool. Do you have a date for October show? It's all the excuse I need, I burned all my Vac. time, but I might have some sick day's left by then. BTW,my Dad is a member of the QC Cruisers, and been on a few Power Tours (Long Hauler 2 or 3 times and again this year) Can't wait to hear how much his gas bill is (Big block,4spd,3.73's),yikes.

Sorry to take up your space Skootz, just good to hear from some Iowegians. Is S.R.S. a scale rod shop or 1:1.