Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Vicky

Tumbler75

I thought I posted this car on here before but I guess I was wrong. I started this project as a back burner project for when I get builder's block to get myself out of a rut. I started with a Parts Box 1956 Ford Victoria 2dr Coupe that someone had started to build as a Gasser. That got me thinking of some crazy ideas but I'm letting the car lead me where it wants to go. So let's begin shall we?

I cut the dog house off after gluing the hood to the fenders since someone had removed the firewall and inner fenders and radiator support. I knew I wanted a flip nose. I also opened the trunk since it was either that or the doors and the doors were already opened. LoL

DSCF3693.jpg

DSCF3694.jpg

Made the inner lip edge

DSCF3695.jpg

DSCF3701.jpg

Hmm missing doors. Oh never mind I found some!

DSCF3696.jpg

DSCF3697.jpg

Continued on next page........... B)

Edited by Tumbler75

Ok, let's continue shall we! B)

With the hood and such cut free from the body we had to make it look like a one piece item. So out came the bondo and I also removed the hood ornament area while I was at it. I also made out of styrene the missing headlight brows and lower rings and blended them into the body for a "Frenched" look.

DSCF3713.jpg

DSCF3715.jpg

DSCF3717.jpg

A li'l primer to find the flaws.

DSCF0223.jpg

And a quick test fit!

DSCF0224.jpg

Then I made a new firewall and another leading edge this time for the front clip to rest on. I also shaved the body of trim, emblems, etc.

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

Something jus' didn't seem right. So I added the "big mouth bass" section of the custom accessories. Now we're cookin'!

DSCF0225.jpg

Well, look for an update soon guys! Enjoy! B)

Edited by Tumbler75

Ok, a li'l more work tonight before I call it quits for the night.

Now let the fun begin! I let the styrene fly and I got a new Transmission Tunnel Constructed, Recessed the Booster/Master Cylinder into the firewall, and brought "Traditional" Suicide Hinges into the Modern World.

First off the Transmission Tunnel.

DSCF0248.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

Next was the recessed "Brake Booster/Master Cylinder."

DSCF0251.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

And now I present to you. The Inward Opening Suicide Door. It took me 2 days of deliberation, trial and error run on a scrap body, and sketching out what I wanted.

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0254.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

Now I gotta do the driver door and I'll have both doors hinged and ready to go. Enjoy! B)

I'm likin' this one. Are you going to provide specifics of how you hinged the door?

The hinge works are simple on this car since I'm using the "opened" doors that AMT was so nice to provide for me. Basically I took a Sewing/Alteration Pin and a #74 Drill bit. I wanted a small enough hole that the pin could go through but not fall out easily. I taped the door to the body figured out where I wanted the pin to go through and drilled my hole through the door jamb into and through the lower part of the inner door.Once I had the door jamb situated for the inward swing. I pushed the pin through the bottom into the door jamb into the door and swing baby swing! LoL It's a simple Pivot Style hinge system. You can see how I cut the door jamb so the door could swing Inward into the body. Hope this helps. :)

DoorEdit.jpg

DoorJamb.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0258.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say Thanx for the compliment guys! Walt I haven't run out of steam yet. :lol: I jus' work too much and sometimes I don't get the appropriate time I would like to have to work on my models.

Ok, now it's Update Time! I think I have an idea of which direction this build is finally going. I mocked it up with some wheels that I might end up using. If so the fronts are gonna have to be narrowed down some. I promise the car will sit a tad higher once a suspension is put under it.

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

I started working on the frame. I'm going with a Unibody look so if this car needs to get low down and dirty she can. I used a .080 Styrene Sheet under the cabin area of the car then a couple of .060 sheets glued to make the frame horns and then added .030 for strength and extra thickness. The side panels are from .060 and I made a box for the booster/master cylinder. I believe the battery is going in the trunk on this one. LoL Everything is "roughed in" at the moment and will be cleaned up.

DSCF0277.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

Till next time. Enjoy! :)

Ok, the front radiator frame is in place to steady up everything in the front. I had to trim some of the fender covers and frame horns so the front clip would fit down snuggly over everything. I'm also thinking of changing my tire selection again. We'll see and again Thanx to those following this build.

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0281.jpg

DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0284.jpg

DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

Next to start the front suspension so I can start on the rear section of the frame. I'm leaving the engine as a surprise in the beast. Till next time. Enjoy! :lol: