Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tall-T low rod

kerc

I like it !! Totally cool looking, how did You achieve the plaid pattern ?

Bought patterned paper at Michael's. There's a lot of cool patterns in scrapbooking paper. And it's cheap! I actually got the idea from my wife, who used this type of paper as "wallpaper" for my daughter's dollhouse.

:unsure:

There's so much I like about this model ... the color, the engine, the proportions, the interior, the stance ... but, I've gotta be honest, the grill/headlight treatment just doesn't work for me because I think it gives the front end a cartoonish look. I personally think perhaps a cut-down '32 Ford grill shell and stalk-mounted headlights would've worked better.

Those are strictly my opinions, they're intended as constructive criticism and I hope I do not offend. I do know you like to push the envelope and go very much in your own direction with your builds, and for that, you are to be applauded, my friend! ;)

If we all thought the same way, life would be soooo boring! ;) The grille treatment came about for two reasons: 1) I didn't like how the chopped shell would look, and 2) wanter to give it a bit of a kustom look. So the almost-cartoony appearance is there on purpose!