Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Junk Yard

Lanny Haas

Yeah Man.... really neat! Great atmosphere. Love the weathered boards on the office building.

Nice telephone and cash register. Did you make them or are they doll house items? And you captured the rusty cars well!

Can't wait to see more.

Yeah Man.... really neat! Great atmosphere. Love the weathered boards on the office building.

Nice telephone and cash register. Did you make them or are they doll house items? And you captured the rusty cars well!

Can't wait to see more.

Yes they are scratch built The links to the photos shows how, and thanks

What else do you have planned for this? Your scratch building and weathering techniques are flawless. The building and cars look perfect. But the yard is too..............clean. You need to add some weeds, some spare parts half buried, beer cans kicked into a corner. It needs the lived-in look. Know what I mean?

What else do you have planned for this? Your scratch building and weathering techniques are flawless. The building and cars look perfect. But the yard is too..............clean. You need to add some weeds, some spare parts half buried, beer cans kicked into a corner. It needs the lived-in look. Know what I mean?

Your right need more parts laying around, but that is planned. I have added a Coke Mechine, by the office.I also need a cash regester for the ofice Also I am adding on to the yard, and The back lot will have a outhouse, and dog house for the junk yard dog, a lot mor cars, a pile of enging blocks. a lot more weeds. I didnt have time to do all i wanted to do as I was getting ready for a contest last November. So I entered it as it was and got best of show. I will update it soon.

Thanks for the tips.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lanny is a true junkyard artist!

Each of the cars and trucks in this scene is a stand-alone masterpiece in and of itself.

The more you look at this diorama, the more you see; the more you see, the more you want to look at it!

When I grow up, I wanna be able to build beaters like Lanny does!

:lol:

I'm speechless!!!!!! Definitely the best junkyard dio I've ever seen and full of great details and ideas for anyone planning a junkyard dio (including me)! I can't believe the realism you've captured in all areas of the yard..... and each vehicle is a masterpiece in itself. (I think Danno already said that..... and I second it!).

Unbelievable!!!

Tony

Lanny debuted the 1st stage of this diorama (the square with the office) at Goodguys SOUTHWEST NATIONALS Model Car Show in Scottsdale last November.

It was the winner of the Peoples' Choice Award.

It was one of 226 entries and it drew nearly 1/4 of all the Peoples Choice ballots cast.

:lol:

thanks for the kind words. Will put it on the Project display table at the April 16th DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 7....

(Postal Workers Union Hall, 3720 W. Greenway Road, Phx. for the local boys and girls) So come on out if you can.....

Edited by Lanny Haas