17 Classes – 1st, 2nd & 3rd place awards in each class

Entry fees: $5 for the first 5 models, $10 for 6 or more

$2 for spectators

For Information Call Ron @ 740-919-4387

or

Mark @ 614-891-5539

Classes:

1. Replica Stock (Aftermarket Allowed)

2. Pro-street / Street Machines (Street Legal)

3. Street Rods

4. Customs

5. Curbside & Slammers

6. Pick-ups & Light Trucks

7. Commercial, Police, Fire & Rescue

8. Competition Drag/Straight Line

9. Competition Open & Closed Wheel

10. Motorcycles

11. Metal & Pre-painted

12. Box Stock, Competition

13. Box Stock, Other

14. Misc. Automotive (Everything Else)

15. Lowrider

16. Tunerz

17. Youth

Best of Show

No repeat rule in effect for past winners of this show

Vendor Information:

Tables $15 Each

Table size – 8 ft long

Contact Ron Francis at: president@bsacohio.com for information

Interested in sponsoring our event or just a class? Here's how:

Buckeye Classic Model Car Contest Sponsorship

Buckeye Scale Auto Club is having a model car contest in Columbus. We are a well established

Columbus area model car club with 30 years of modeling excellence. Now is your opportunity to

get in on the ground floor of what promises to be the premiere model car contest in the state of

Ohio. We have several members that compete in contests regularly and have appeared in

national publications as well as having put on shows in the past. This event will take place on

March 27, 2011 at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Conference Center 4900 Sinclair Rd. There will

be a contest judged by participant vote with a vendor area in a 4000 square foot room. Both

national model car publications have been invited to attend as well as some model manufacturers

who have accepted our invitation. Well known resin car and parts manufacturers and other

accessory retailers will be present. This is adult run contest for what is mainly an adult hobby.

Most of the participants are 40+ year old males with discretionary income from the local area.

We expect a minimum of 70 participants, 50 vendors, and at least as many shoppers as

participants in the vendor area. This is an opportunity to bring your business to their attention

by sponsoring our event.

There are several levels of involvement for you to choose from. A full event sponsor allows you

top billing on our flyers, banners, posters, and a class sponsorship. It allows you to promote

your business 100% at this venue. For example, the contest would be “The Buckeye Classic

Model Car Contest presented by your business†in all references to the show. Your company’s

name would also appear on the coveted “Best of Show†trophy. The cost for this is $600. An

associate sponsor would receive second billing to the club in all references to the show. For

example, “The Buckeye Classic Model Car Contest presented by the Buckeye Scale Auto Club and

your business.†You could post banners and include flyers for your business in participant

“Goodie†bags. You will also receive a class sponsorship described below. This level of

sponsorship would require a $250 commitment. A class sponsorship would allow you advertise in

the area where the class you are sponsoring is located and will put your company’s name on the

trophy. For example, if your business were to sponsor the street rod class, the placards for

that class would read “Street Rod Class presented by your business†and the trophies would

read “1st place Street Rod presented by your business.†You would also be able to place a banner

advertising your business at the edge of the table where the cars for that class are located.

Class sponsorship is a $25 commitment. You can sponsor on multiple levels and multiple times to

maximize your opportunity to promote your business.

This promises to be the beginning of the premiere model car event in the state of Ohio and you

can be in on the ground floor. Let us promote your business to potential customers through our

venue, on our flyers, as well as local and national media.

See the bottom of this page for

sponsorship opportunities!

Vendor Table

Registration Form

Download

Contestant Registration

Form Download

Model Registration Form

Download

Buckeye Classic Model Car Contest

Event Schedule

Sunday, March 27, 2011

7:00 Vendor Area Set Up

9:00 Vendor Area Opens

9:00 Contest Area Opens

12:00 Contest Registration Closes

12:00 to 1:30 Contest Voting

3:00 Model Room Reopens

3:15 Awards Presentation-All First Place Winners and Best of Show

4:00 Event Concluded – All Models Must Be Picked Up and Vendors Vacated.

Buckeye Classic Model Car Contest

Directions by Interstate

Sunday, March 27, 2011

From North:

I-71 to Morse Road Exit (Exit 116).

Ramp ends at Sinclair Road. Turn right to hotel entrance.

From South:

I-71 to Morse Road Exit (Exit 116).

Turn left under freeway to the first street, Sinclair Road. Turn right, one block to hotel.

From East or West:

I-70 to I-71 North. Then follow “From South†directions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only 25 more days for the show to begin and I'm excited. Wait, I' to old to get excited-----------NOT! I can't wait. I want it now and I don't want it to ever end, just keep goin and goin and goin, bla bla bla. Can you tell that I can't wait? B):blink::D Dan

Dan,

Kathie and I will see you there ! We are doing the IPMS Regionals on Friday and Saturday in Pgh . , then packing it up and heading your way Saturday night . Lone Wolf Custom Painting will be there bright eyed and bushy tailed on Sunday morning ! Yeah , Right ! :(

I'm glad that you can make it Donn. I really enjoyed our talk at the IPMS national show we had when you were there. I don't know if you remember me but I do remember you and Kathie. Looking forward to you being here again for our first show and hopefully we'll have a lot more shows in the future.

Your more likely to be bright tailed and bushy eyed instead of bright eyed and bushy tailed tho. :lol::lol: Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Brett, sorry it took so long to respond, but I'm not sure if it was or not. I'm not from here originaly, I'm from Akron, so I don't know what it used to be if anything else. It is very easy to get to though. When you exit I-71 on Sinclair (the Morse Rd. exit) you turn right at the light and the hotel is right there on the right. You can see it when you get off the highway to the right. I hope this helps ya or maybe someone else who is more familiar with this area will respond. Hope to see ya there. Dan

Thought I asked before but didnt remember.. For a younger guy my memory is poop.. If you come up with something let me know or we can all just take over a spot somewhere in the hotel.

Tom.. You know you want to come out.. Nothing like doing shows every weekend.. Thats guessing your heading up to Detroit like usual the following weekend..

Edited by Ricks

ok is the place on sinclair or morse put it om mapquest and said 6hr and i know it not a 6hr drive im comming by myself and i can get lost in a shoe box!

Tom, it is right next to the 71 at the Morse Road/Sinclair off ramp. It is about 6 stories. From your area should be about 3 hours I am thinking.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Mark Harmon