Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buckeye Scale Auto

59 Impala

We had 263 high quality entries brought by 47 contestants. Trust me, these guys brought out the really good stuff for our inaugural show. Next year we're passing out drool towels to ensure that no dribbles fall on the models. We even had to get more tables brought in because we were hoping for 100-150 entries and were heading for 300 when registration closed. I'm still pretty jacked at how well it went! With such great contestants and vendors it was almost easy. Just so you all know, this one will happen next year, with a bigger model room, of course.

I would like to say, for myself and the club; THANK YOU to all of our contestants, vendors, sponsors, significant others, and the hotel staff for making this one heck of a first show! If it weren't for you contestants and the high quality models you brought, you vendors whom provided so much goodies to peruse/buy/drool at, and our significant others who lent many hands and support; this would not have happened at all.

You deserve a heartfelt 'Thank You and Congratulations', from all of us at Buckeye Scale Auto Club.

It was nice to finally meet some of you all in person, and to talk models and real life with you. I won't forget the show!

You all are to be commended for putting on a first class event . It's been a long time since Kathie and I attended a show that ran as smoothly as yours . You all defintely did your homework when it came to getting it right the first time , straight out of the gate !

The show room was well lit , club members helped the vendors with set up and tear down , the judging system was first rate , and the builds on the table were top quality .

Best part of all .... The club members are a bunch of fun loving stone busters who genuinely like each other . The banter flying back and forth between all of you was hysterical ! We loved every minute of it !

For those of you looking to attend a show that runs smooth as silk and is a fun filled event , this is it ! We are looking forward to next year's event and hope to see a lot more of you in attendance. It was great to meet members from this forum in person and be able to put a name and face together.

Thank you all for a great show !

Donn Yost

Lone Wolf Custom Painting

I'm am very happy & somewhat surprised by our turnout. We had over 250 entries.

I took a picture of every single entry & a bunch of general pics.

All can be found Right Here. Enjoy!

Great pics Ron, Tom and Mike. Don't remember you taking my pic Mike.

Here's my link to the pics I shot.

http://public.fotki.com/splitstone1963/model-shows-/model-shows-2011/1st-annual-buckeye-/