Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

53' Ford F-100's

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi guys.

I retook pics of my '53 Ford Pick-up again as you've probably seen. Did some mods like a Mopar suspension up front and a custom 4-link in the back, X-mods wheels with revell rubber and disc brakes, S-10 seats, side exhaust, custom 572ci HEMI with Webers; I also used the kits custom grile and rear fenders to give it a different look.

I BMF-ed the Bumpers because the half-tards at AMT didn't chrome them. Why did they do that?... who knows!

DSC01871.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01879.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Forgot to mention the paint on that one was Testors Star-spangled blue lacquer with future on top, hee hee.

Next up is a AMT/MPC Proshop issue '53 Ford Pick-up Flip nose i'm turning into a beater that's had alot of work done (mechcanical wise).

It's only in the rough WIP stage right now, and is a side project because I gots too much going on right now.

DSC01881.jpg

BTW, on one of the pics of the blue one, there was a small speck on the bottom of the rear fender... Though it I gots something on it but it was nothing.

When I make some progress on it, i'll get some pics of it up.

Now for a group shot:

DSC01880.jpg

Hope you like!

Edited by V-spec

Posted · Report post

Two very cool effies! That Trophy Series AMT kit is one of my all time favorites.

Oh, AMT probably didnt' chrome the bumpers because chrome bumpers weren't available on the F-series in 1953, but the flip nose version has chrome bumpers which fit the older kit just fine.

Posted · Report post

Oh, AMT probably didnt' chrome the bumpers because chrome bumpers weren't available on the F-series in 1953, but the flip nose version has chrome bumpers which fit the older kit just fine.

Thanks Chuck, I shoulda though of that waaaay sooner.

Posted · Report post

Decent looking '53! (The blue one; I'll reserve comment on the unfinished one until she's done.)

:lol: