Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrushing Basics With Doctor Cranky

Hello, maties, just a quick headsup here to let you know that I am doing a basics and how-to that I hope everyone will benefit from. The beauty of this is that you can watch the vids, and then post your questions here . . . and we'll get a great discussion going. There are a few videos already up and more on the way . . .

But you can start here:

Enjoy and zap me your questions. Yours, Doctor Cranky

I have an Iwata HP-CS and a Badger 350. I've had trouble avoiding tiger stripes with metallic paints using the Iwata. So, I generally use the Badger with a large head. I'm very interested in your spray techniques using the Iwata. The atomization is much better with the Iwata. Also, please discuss the the needle tip size that you use with the Iwata for various applications. Thanks for posting these videos. They're awesome and will serve as reference material for years to come. Keep it up Cranky!

Doctor Cranky,

Thanks for the awesome videos. I created an account with YouTube so I could subscribe. I'm not new to the airbrush but I'm also far from an expert so I look forward to watching and learning.

I have a Chihuahua that looks just like yours, only my Sophie weighs but 5 pounds!

Looking forward to more...

Marc

I'm a bit disappointed you didn't have on the steam punk glasses or the derby :( , but other than that, This is a good thing you're doing can't wait to see more

You fergot the stogie Rick....<_<B)

You get cold at 70???:rolleyes:

Edited by Stasch

Great subject Virgil, this is a wonderful way to get started. Although I am a little past this stage.I found myself very interested in your presentation, and am eagerly awaiting the next installment. Here is a tip try keeping the camera steadier during filming it is distractive. It makes it harder to focus on what your message. For example when you mention damaging the airbrush the Crown and Tip, those went out of the picture as they were mentioned.

Hey Dr. Cranky started watching the airbrush videos and next thing I knew had been sitting here for over an hour. All your videos are truly unique and alot of fun!!!!! Good stuff Doc. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a you tube account of my own instead of using my step-daughters. LOL

It's one day at a time, buddy. This is what you do, if you practice on a piece of paper, save the first couple of pieces and then compare them to some practice a couple of weeks later and you are going to see how you are advancing. When you are painting models, it's the same way.

Airbrushing is a skill you need to learn and grow. If you learned how to brush your teeth, you can learn to airbrush! At least that's what Doctor Cranky says!

Keep practicing!

Nice series you have going on here, thanks.

I know the basics of airbrushing, but this is interesting, as lately I've been having a lot of trouble, so much so that I was thinking about going back to spray cans.

Hopefully your series will help me. And if I can make a suggestion, can you please do one on airbrushing 2pack clear.

It's one day at a time, buddy. This is what you do, if you practice on a piece of paper, save the first couple of pieces and then compare them to some practice a couple of weeks later and you are going to see how you are advancing. When you are painting models, it's the same way.

Airbrushing is a skill you need to learn and grow. If you learned how to brush your teeth, you can learn to airbrush! At least that's what Doctor Cranky says!

Keep practicing!

Thanks Dr..........I have sub to your vid channel.

I hope you do a vid on BMF that stuff makes me ill ........ Maybe the DR can help.