Model Cars Magazine Forum

This was my first truck. I had my mother's name on the hood. If you recognize this shade of blue, it's an old Marten transport truck. The purple fenders came after I replaced the hood. It's a Jones performance fiberglass factory replacement. Thought you might like some reference photos. I found the sleeper to be a bit cramped, otherwise, I love this truck, and would do anything to have my old girl back. This will go down in history as the truck I should've kept. The N14 in this truck could eat my ISX for lunch(as it stands now), but I will turn this truck up. Not a speed demon, but I know a Cummins could climb a hill. Her replacement, a T600(Melton Truck Lines tractor) which is roomier and rieds nice, has been a lemon, but I will bring this truck to the same glory. I'll post pix of it as I "Trick My Truck". Minus the hood, I did all the custom work myself, including the guages that I added. I was going to add a larger sleeper and stretch the frame. If you see my old girl as I always called her, tell her to come home(LOL!!!!)

Rayspix048.jpg

Rayspix044.jpg

Rayspix023.jpg

Anyway, I have lots of pix of this truck, so if you need 379 reference shots, let me know. I am still proud of that truck. I wish now I just overhauled it.A model is going to be built, in the image of what I wanted her to look like when all my plans would come to fruition. I just need to know how to make an Ultracab roof, although i think Monkey Claw has one. You will see the sleeper, and paint colors I had in mind.

Boys and their toys, huh? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking.

i miss this truck. It just needed a little TLC. It went 1.1 million miles without an overhaul, and still ran strong when I sold it. I was starting to do some rebuilding already, but I have always liked Kenworths, and this T600 seemed like a good deal. Until 2 1/2 months after I bought it. I will be making my KW nicer, but This pete isn't bad for someone's first truck.