Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 or 1/25 scale car transport trailers who makes?

hello and thank you to all who will tell me i know some companys make a 1/25 car transport trailer but does any company make a 1/24 scale on or can 1/24 scale cars and trucks fit on the 1/25 and look right because there is a semi I want bad that is 1/24 scale and i want it to look right together and work any info here would be great plz and thankyou.

Edited by Darcy

I think there's a 24th scale car carrier trailer made by a Japanese model maker. If not you may have to scratch build one or just get some 25th scale car kits if you can get a 25 scale car transport trailer.

Yes I can get a 1/25 car trailer one but cannot find any companys who build a 1/24 scale one and would a 1/25 scale trailer look alright on a 1/24 scale semi. do you know which company might make them if you think some do? or where i would get the tires and rims for a 1/24 scale to build it as i do have lots in my cars and trucks I have over 115 kits just no semi or haulers lol

Darcy, Revell of Germany makes a nice 80's era Car hauler trailer. AMT used to make a 50's era trailer, but that rascal has been OOP for MANY years. You best bet is E model cars, or the 'Bay.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes i have been watching them on ebay all are 1/25 scale do you know if 1/24 scale semi will look alright with a 1/25 scale trailer or if 1/24 car will fit on the 1/25 scale trailer?is that one by revel a 1/24 scale and do you know what it is called or kit number to look at it plz

Darcy, there's only a 64th of an inch or so difference between the scales. Yes, a 25thscale trailer will look OK behind a 24th scale tractor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

cool thanks because i love the itarlia 1/24 t900 australian hualer truck I know revel makes one 1/25 but cannot find how well that kit is

I have built the revell of Germany t900 and it is a pretty great kit. I am building the revell us kw aerodyne right now and it's pretty cool too since it's so cheap you can be creative.

Chad

ok I heard that revel usa peterbilt one new one is a bad kit and the new revell kenworth 900 with lighting bolts is not to bad of a kit both are 1/25 I just wanted the italire t900 austraian hauler kit which is a 1/24 kit is a very good kit and I love that look to and I know revell makes this kit to as a 1/25 scale but have not heard if any good

Darcy, here's a few pics that might help answer most of your questions. The first one is the Revell of Germany trailer Chucky posted the pic of, loaded with a mix of 1/24 and 1/25 scale kits and diecasts, and being pulled by the Revell US Peterbilt 359.

HPIM1526.jpg

As for if a 1/25 scale trailer looks ok on a 1/24 scale tractor, like George said, there is not much difference at all. This is an Italeri 1/24 scale tractor and AMT 1/25 scale trailer together.

HPIM2891.jpg

Darcy, here's a few pics that might help answer most of your questions. The first one is the Revell of Germany trailer Chucky posted the pic of, loaded with a mix of 1/24 and 1/25 scale kits and diecasts, and being pulled by the Revell US Peterbilt 359.

HPIM1526.jpg

As for if a 1/25 scale trailer looks ok on a 1/24 scale tractor, like George said, there is not much difference at all. This is an Italeri 1/24 scale tractor and AMT 1/25 scale trailer together.

HPIM2891.jpg

thank you very much as that trailer with the cars you have on is the exact one I am getting.

• 7 months later...

Darcy, I believe the Kenworth T900 you're talking about is actually a Revell of Germany and is a 1:25 scale model. I might be mistaking but... I don't recall Italeri producing a Kenworth...yet.

So anyway as modeltruckmafia has shown his 1:24 scale Freightliner fits pretty nicely with that Revell car transport. That trailer is a very nice kit by the way, I built one some years back. I had cars in 1:25 and 1:24 th scale on it and looked pretty good.

If you find one, jump on it, it's the best one yet, honestly.

This is what I built with one of the revell trailer's that your going to use.

The rack on the truck is scratch built it's my second one that I built.

The Tri Axle is not needed but I just liked the way it looked.

This is what they call a Stinger style setup.

It has 1/24 and 1/25 scale car's on it also.

models044.jpg

models045.jpg