Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Magnum

Cesar Bossolani

Guest Sickfish

Bro great work on chassis!  Still no windows??  Nearly more than 3 weeks since I sent them to you bro! Brazil custom's are  I hope you get them soon bro!

Cheers Cliffo 

• 2 weeks later...

And my Mopar mate, friend and bro Cliffo send me a smoked window set... Actually, he stoled that set from this Magnum...

ffbb7b00.jpg

8ac6a246.jpg

3 weeks later windows arrived in my workbench... but only now I'm encouraged to make then.

And I did it again and done!!

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/bossolani/Magnum/magnum_109.jpg

magnum_110.jpg

magnum_111.jpg

magnum_112.jpg

I owe this update to my great friend Cliffo!! That's the best thing which happens in this car!! Thank you bro!!

Cesar

Guest Sickfish
Ultra-Clean and it's Blue. I love blue and I love a well built Dodge.

Schweet !!

Joe... Cesar's Magnum is actually black mate, the above pics are of my Magnum that i shelved. I took the windows from it to give to my bro Cesar so he could complete his beautiful magnum 

Cesar... Awesome job on windows... So shiny!  I'm glad you finally got them! Anytime i can help my Mopar bro i will! 

Now hurry up and finish this beast! 

Cheers Cliffo!

Guest Sickfish

Cesar, this is beautiful work, please explain a bit more how you did this. It looks like a cast brass plate, I love it!. And did you polish the widows to remove the distortion? If so, I know what I'm doing on my next build!

Custom Mike... The plates are part of the PE detail set that's available for the Revell 09 Challenger kit. It's very simple to replicate what Cesar & i have done... Here's what i did for my set...

8eda3a60.jpg

All i did was use a red/black sharpie marker, coloured the whole plate then very lightly sanded over the top of the plate with a sanding stick- very fine grade ( about 2000 grit ) & bam.. Done!

You can also do what Cesar did, spray-paint the colour you want & then sand... Simple 

Cheers Cliffo 

Guest Sickfish

Lookin' fantastic bro!! That rear-end look's so good with those fabricated coils/shocks!! 

No worries Mike 

Cheers Cliffo!

WOW!! amazing work on this car....its really art you are doing.great job on it all.I thank you for a great class in scale model building.keep it up and again.....I know this words are not good enouch for this art work....but Thank you,Chris

Guest Sickfish

This is outstanding. Can anyone tell me how you guys open up the grilles on models? I'm assuming you use a dremmel, which I have, but I've never had the nerve to actually try it for fear of ruining a part.

Larry... Don't be afraid to open up a grill, it's really simple mate. If you're worried about using a Dremel then don't use one, use an exacto blade  . Just slice along the area you want removed, over & over, and pretty soon it'll come out/off. To smooth the area use miniature files or sanding sticks 

Cheers Cliffo 