Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Dodge Monaco

spkgibson

I just finished this one yesterday, I painted it with Krylon Butter Cream, It is an exact match for the Jasmine Yellow Chrysler used that year, The interior is Painted in Duplicolor Medium Tan Interior paint, The entire gas tank Is aluminum BMF ,As is the Muffler,and Cat Converter, The rest is hand painted, I didn't detail the engine bat as much as the last one I built, I was being lazy, I made sure I got all the Details correct on the Chassis, So from underneath It Is 100% correct detail wise using the chassis in the kit, Enjoy, By the way I started this on Tuesday, So Not to bad for 3 days work, The body and other parts were painted back in October of last year. yellowdodge4.jpgyellowdodge6.jpgyellowdodge7.jpgyellowdodge5.jpg

Edited by spkgibson

• 2 years later...

Nice work Steve, in spite of the missing mirrors. Sometimes you can be a bit retentive Harry!

Would you build a model and leave off the left front wheel? Or the hood? Or the steering wheel? Or the right side valve cover?

Of course not. So why leave off the mirrors?

Easy Harry, just joking around. Maybe he did not have any. Some kits do not.

I know, I probably sound like a raving lunatic... :D

But I see this all the time... otherwise nice models, fully detailed, foiled, polished, even flocked... obviously the builder took time and made an effort... and yet no rearview mirrors, inside or out (most of the time, out).

It's sort of a pet peeve of mine. I realize that some kits are missing them, but that's what a parts box is for! Especially on a factory-stock build,

• 1 year later...