Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 379 with EAST Genesis Dump Body, (almost completed)

2/5/2011

Everyone...

I started this project over a year ago...and set it aside while I built some trailers...well it back on the work bench in "full" swing. Peterbilt 379 Legacy with a 19' EAST Genesis Aluminum Dump Box. Items used so far..parts from the Italeri 378 Kit...CNC frame rails/379 hood from GW Trucks, that I had from the beginning..Modified Auslowe Cummins Signature 600 engine, scratch built parts, air tanks, hydraulic tank, Silent Drive AA-1455 lift axle...the cab and hood assembly has be lowered...more to the frame..more progress to follow...Kurt McLucas

Thank you to Tim A...for the reference material (paint scheme)

Link to my FOTKI album on this build

http://public.fotki.com/turbo590/my-model-truck-projects/peterbilt-379-legacy/

P1010007-1.jpg

87274600.jpg

DSC06956.jpg

DSC07054.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

Edited by Turbo590

Ben...I though you would like the Allison...it is done in Alclad "Aluminum" with some decals

On the color scheme, just as the first picture looks....Pete yellow and green, and the dump body, along with some other parts will be done in Alclad "polished" and "dura" aluminum

Progress is being made on the bed...pictures will come soon

Thanks, Kurt

Ok, I see your inspiration.

sw2042-y.jpg

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback

The inspiration came from an actual 379 running in my "area" with a new EAST Genesis on it...Plus just having visited and toured the EAST MFG plant in Ohio back in August 2010...the "stars" aligned ...this piece might actually have a home at EAST when it is all said and done...

Some updated photos:

Thank you, Kurt

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

Edited by Turbo590

2/27/2011

First...thank you to everyone..who commented.

Been working on the dump bed for the past few weeks now...and fabrication is coming to an end...finally.

Some more odd(s) and end(s) to do...and back to the chassis

Some updated photos...Thanks, Kurt

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Great work! Do you have a large supply of Evergreen/Plastruct on hand at all times?

Tim

Tim...Thank you...that means a lot coming from you.

I "do" have a stock pile of Evergreen and Plastruct....and at 3.00 per bag...a small fortune.

I do pickup sheets of Styrene when I can find them...some donated..some at auctions out of all places.

With the cost of "oil" going up...I am sure these prices will increase as well...

Will need a 2nd job...I guess...

Thanks, Kurt

hey great work so far i need to get on my dump project!

question for you kurt-

whats the best places (cheap & reliable) where you find all this evergreen at?

also do you ever buy any of evil-bay??? :lol:

i found my next project (inspired by this build!)

i think i gotta parts wanted in the wanted section but i need parts from the 378 kit(mainly put dual breathers on the 377 kit and the spare drive wheels for my lift axle!) and i am going to pick up a 377 a/e kit (red one with the flags) and build a custom dumper my self now seeing that my 359 triaxle is going to have the alfab smoothside i will try to find the perfect dump body for the 377!

again great work!

cheers - bandit1!~ :)

Another show winner in progress, very nice work on the body so far,

look forward to seeing you tackle the frame some more

Here in Australia, styrene can be brought from sign writers/makers, but I buy it from a plastic supply, the full sheets are cheap around $20 for a full sheet 8x4 ft, try you local sign maker, you maybe surprised at what he has

• 6 months later...