Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford headlights are '40 Ford headlights. The neat thing is this kit and the AMT kit ,both lend themselves to an easy sunken / Frenched style headlight setup,simply by using just a round headlight assembly that will fit into the existing opening. Just push it all the way to the back of the headlight opening. Another neat custom touch would be to use a smaller scale headlight assembly from another '40 Ford in 1/32nd scale and doing the same thing. I've done both of these and they turn out really neat and they are easy to do.Another set up would be using the same round light and forming some sort of clear cover, giving it a '60's sports car look.

Got any pics of these? I'd like to see how they turned out.

Edited by gpugh1976

• 3 weeks later...

No pics but I thought I'd throw up a quick update. Greg Meyers sent me some of those nerf bars that I really dug on George's truck and my missing front wheels and backing plates showed up from the Modelhaus this last week. I just pulled 'em outta the soakin' tank and threw a coat of primer on 'em. I'm ready to start painting. I just need a day off and some good weather now. B)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well poop! I've decided to go a different color with this. I noticed that the red plastic bled through in a couple of small spots. It would probably never be noticed but it would drive me crazy knowing that it's there. I've also heard horror stories about red plastic bleeding through years later even. I decided that the devil known as red plastic wins this time. The truck is going to be red. Everything is headed to the paint strippin' tank today.

Edited by gpugh1976

Sorry to read that man !

I've never heard anything about red plastic bleeding through but I'm very scared as you know I've build a 40 pickup a few month later.

Mine was bright orange and I hope their won"t be any bleeding in the future :(

keep up the good work anyway !