Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet 55' Del Ray

Should I build it up! I asked because at the local hobby shop I found one and debated on buying it or not! The box art looked really old and I cant recall the maker of the kit. If any one has knowledge of this kit plz post away your views on this way cool subject! Thanks in advance for stopping by! Now if I can just locate a caribean my fifties era collection is sealed up!!

Should I build it up! I asked because at the local hobby shop I found one and debated on buying it or not! The box art looked really old and I cant recall the maker of the kit. If any one has knowledge of this kit plz post away your views on this way cool subject! Thanks in advance for stopping by! Now if I can just locate a caribean my fifties era collection is sealed up!!

Well,

For starters, an "honest-to-gosh" 1955 Chevrolet Del Ray would be RARE!!!! (Chevrolet first introduced the Del Ray as an optional trim level in their "210" series for the 1956 model year.

Are you sure you aren't looking at the Revell 1956 Chevrolet Del Ray?

Art

Hello there friend! Art' thank you for the response and yep yer post is 100% accurate I just got off the phone with their cust rep and she did notify me that it was a 56' from Revell Man!! what was i thinkin!! or seeing for that matter!! ;) lol that wouldve been cool! O well maybe a what if build up is in the wings!! Again thank you for your time fella greatly appreciated!!

Rick your absolutely right! Some time ago I saw the the 210 built up and thought a mid fifties with a art morrison chassis would be the business! That being said my bro said he'd pick it up and send it to me! Styrene's a calling me lol! Gotta start my research on the styling cues between the two years and go from there! Thanks for stoppin bro!