Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Peterbilt coe

the 352 kit is one that i'd love to see re-issued by Round2 if they can. i had a couple of gluebombs that were too bad off to save but it would have been nice to have been able to have saved at least one of them. it looks like it's a pretty nice kit to build.

i had no real interest in the Turnpiker version until i saw some pics of the parts, now i think it would be really cool to have that one and build it as well. realistic as a road going tractor or not, it still looks like alot of fun and a pretty cool and unique truck.

dave i too would love to see the pete 352 come back into production, lol thats why i ask round 2 about once a month when they are gonna bring it back but i get the same resonce: we have no plans of reproducing that model. but ill keep bugging them about it lol!! :):lol::lol:

The "Turnpiker" 352 kit came out under the Matchbox Years in 1979, got mind back in 1980, as mention an attempt to market an old tool in a new package by adding a few Kustom parts & decal sheet.

See it more as a: Kustom "Show Truck" replica attempt by AMT/Matchbox people then a working turnpike workhorse....

5th wheel cover & those ugly wheels...a la "Centerline for class 8 trucks" :lol::lol::huh: !!!!... bits of hints!

The Boxart, Kool designed decal sheet: (those graphics were very nice),Grill/ Texas Bumper & mirrors was the neat stuff about this kit....long gone since 80's under ERTL years.

post-2312-0-35476400-1297274743_thumb.jp

I'm building the Turnpiker kit right now. I have two of them and finally decided to build one out of the box. I really never cared too much for all the fancy stuff in it, but after starting it, it is actually kind of cool. It will go good with my Tyrone Malone trucks.

Cheers:

Bill