Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michaels Clearence

I know this topic is allready on the other fourm, but I decided to start it here if thats allright with U guys.

When I was last at my small local store on New Years, they had:

Revell-o-gram's "Long in the tooth" '95 Viper GTS @ $10

Maisto Chrylser ME412 diecat and a few others for around $8-12, along some Revell Airplane/Miltary kits for around the same price.

Around the same time, I went to a different store and they had:

'69 Chevy Camaro and Nova Yenkos for $11.99 & $14.99; Might've seen the Motor City Muscle '69 Camaro 2-in-1 at the same priceing too.

'57 Chevy Bel-Air 150 sedan "Black Widow" @ $14.99

1/32nd KW T-600 snapper @ $8.99

'68 Charger 2-in-1 @ $14.99

'68 Bullet Mustang @ $17.99

Revell-o-gram '55 Bel-Air Street Machine - the on with black car w/ red flames we all know - @ $11.99? (not sure of the price as the sticker was ripped off the shelf)

And I believe both or one of the Heavy Chevy & Baldwin Motion '70 Chevelles were marked down to $12.99 or something (again, sticker was ripped off too).

They had more plane/miltary stuff, but I didn't pay attention to those.

That store I went to had one Revell Chi-Town Charger FC in... was going to get it, but it had what appeared to be Wendys frostie slop all over it (with the cup spilt) left by some scumbag kelrk or soocker mum.

I was REALLY, REALLY, peed off over that, but then my store then got that one in too... So I can get it at anytime without slop and dink all over it! HAHAHA,HAHAHA!!! (imatating Mandarks laugh from Dexters Lab - LOL!!!)

Sadly, you can't use coupons on clearence items any more due to their policy change... Shucks 'ya cant use the 25% off sale item ones anymore too because they also exclude CLEARENCE items!

No Paints on clearence yet at both stores, might see them later on when they put more stuff on. If I see anythings else or you guys do, holler!

Yep!! They sure do I picked up the 1/12 Chopper for 7.99 the Bullit' mustang for 8.99 and a bunch of silver plate bits I'll try and use to replicate fitting for hoses and such! If you look really good theres a bunch of stuff scale modelers would be able to utilize for their projects! I also bought some scale chains for engine hoists and ! I spent a total of twenty for all of it B)! The silver fittings are in the necklace and beads sections and come in various sizes for different scales as well. Some really nice goodies if diorama's are your thing.. Should get down there if ya have one in the nieghborhood! Ill post up pics once the wife comes home with the camera in the glove compartment! Nice place for it to be right lol! j/k love ya babes!!!

I got the revelle 49 merc for $8.99, several 94 impalas for $5.00, a SR-71 for $10.00 and alot of testors paints for like $3 a can and 1.50 a bottle. not to mentoio the carpet material and threat for cutting and pipping for like $4 bucks for a large package

Sounds like a really good score Kevin! Considering the prices lised between that and some LHS! I did find an awesome Hobby Town here in Va Beach!! My lil heaven on earth sorta speak!

I got the revelle 49 merc for $8.99, several 94 impalas for $5.00, a SR-71 for $10.00 and alot of testors paints for like $3 a can and 1.50 a bottle. not to mentoio the carpet material and threat for cutting and pipping for like $4 bucks for a large package

I didn't know they still had those '94 Impalas after all those years... Unless it was REALLY old stock or they still carried them up until now.

Haven't seen the Merc nor the paints on clearence at any of the stores i've been to - all are still at regluar price. It must be an area thing or your store might downgrade their slection to zipo. Because if some stores only have certan kits/item on clearence and not all of them like the other ones have, expect a slimer slection (thats what happened to 2 of the stores I go to ocasionaly).

Actually, I did see a clearence listing 1/12 chopper at my local store, but it was allready gone; The other store I went to had it at regluar price.

I recall seeing the SR-71 plane there too, but it was opened and the box looks like it has been through a serious bombing :D:lol::lol::P

• 4 weeks later...

Might as well make some small updates since this thread has been dead for a while.

My store has some airplane/miltary stuff and some diecast cars along with the now absent Revell-o-gram Viper GTS @ $4.99 ea. No paints on clearence though...

I'll check the other stores this weekend to see what they have marked down or newly added.

I posted some info at Scale Auto to V. Forgot you came over here otherwise I would have posted it here. But at any rate, here is that info:

Just thought I would let you know that a Michael's reset is coming up towards the end of the month. This does not mean it will happen then, but is scheduled to be reset. Each volume store has a different standard. It may have been reset or is in process.

Anyway, this is what I found to be coming into the stores soon:

M48A2 Patton Tank

68 Dodge Hemi 2n1

F4C Phantom

Mack "R" Conventional Fruehauf

67 Chevelle SS 396

Motorcycle asst.(die-cast)

Dodge Viper SRT10

06 Chevy Camaro Concept(Round 2 AMT)

Ferrari 458 Italia (die-cast)

Corvette ZR1

02 Camaro 2n1

I DO NOT have any other information.

Chris

I posted some info at Scale Auto to V. Forgot you came over here otherwise I would have posted it here. But at any rate, here is that info:

Just thought I would let you know that a Michael's reset is coming up towards the end of the month. This does not mean it will happen then, but is scheduled to be reset. Each volume store has a different standard. It may have been reset or is in process.

Anyway, this is what I found to be coming into the stores soon:

M48A2 Patton Tank

68 Dodge Hemi 2n1

F4C Phantom

Mack "R" Conventional Fruehauf

67 Chevelle SS 396

Motorcycle asst.(die-cast)

Dodge Viper SRT10

06 Chevy Camaro Concept(Round 2 AMT)

Ferrari 458 Italia (die-cast)

Corvette ZR1

02 Camaro 2n1

I DO NOT have any other information.

Chris

Thanks a zillon Chris!!! I saw that list over there too.

Jus went to my local michales before an they started their reset. Nothing too speical like the '49 merc, '70 Challenger & '70 Chevelle street machiene, '07 GT500, Cali-wheels '60 chevy imapala ans '57 bel-air, some snapper kits and etc. - all of which the other stores have.

Ima going to drop by to the other higher grade stores during the weekend to see what they got along with the kits that Chris previously mentioned. (Chris, would you happen to know the prices on those kits you mentioned?)

If any of you guys spot anything else NEW other than the kits Chris mentioned at any of your stores, let us know.

Casey, I saw BOTH the Hawaiian and the Chi-Town Funny cars (along with the Mongouse) at my local store; was going to get the latter one but didn't have enough coupons on me 2 get it. I'll print up some more for the weekend incase eye see something at the other stores.

Funny thing was when I was at K-mart last night, they had all (3) of the Revell NHRA cars (which were the only kits they had on the shelf) but the prices were muddafudgein $24.50 a PIECE! More than my LHS wants which is $22.50 and K-marts "everyday" price is ONLY .50 cheaper than michaels (which you can get @ said place for $15 with their coupons).

I found a whole lot of empty shelves where the Clearence signs were. Must have some modelers in the area!

Same here but the guys getting the stuff here are not builders it's a show dealer snapping it all up. The same guy also bought ALL 27 Stevens International releases Tuesday Morning got back in December. Saw him at a local flea Market last weekend selling the Stevens stuff for $40-$75 and Hobby Lobby and Michaels stuff for $25 with the clearance stickers still on the Hobby Lobby stuff. Guy is a total jerk too. I have heard so many bad things about him from people in my area.

Richard, Prices vary as usual, but for the full glue detail kits you are looking at the full MSRP of $24.99. Of course they range from 17.99 and up. I was glad to see that they got some R2 kits in, albeit only the Concept Camaro, but this could segue into more offerings showing up.

With that last part said, and hearing of Tomy purchasing the company, I hope there are no altering changes to the molds being leased so we can continue to get the great stuff re-released as well as the small number of new releases that R2 is working on.

Chris

Richard, Prices vary as usual, but for the full glue detail kits you are looking at the full MSRP of $24.99. Of course they range from 17.99 and up. I was glad to see that they got some R2 kits in, albeit only the Concept Camaro, but this could segue into more offerings showing up.

With that last part said, and hearing of Tomy purchasing the company, I hope there are no altering changes to the molds being leased so we can continue to get the great stuff re-released as well as the small number of new releases that R2 is working on.

Chris

TNX Chris. Thought they were gonna jack-up the prices AGAIN like AC-Moore did, but I guess michaels go's with Revells MSRP rather than makeing up their own...

For TOMY's purchase of RC2, I don't think it would effect ROUND 2 (the company that leases the tooling) unless they would buy them out alongside, or if they were intrested only for the model tooling. It could be a good thing for them or a bad one.

Speeking of Tomy ans japan, I hope they and Tamiya, Ashoma, fujumi along with others are not affected by that massive earthquake going on there... May God bless them all and to their familys/friends/relatives

Edited by V-spec

Same here but the guys getting the stuff here are not builders it's a show dealer snapping it all up. The same guy also bought ALL 27 Stevens International releases Tuesday Morning got back in December. Saw him at a local flea Market last weekend selling the Stevens stuff for $40-$75 and Hobby Lobby and Michaels stuff for $25 with the clearance stickers still on the Hobby Lobby stuff. Guy is a total jerk too. I have heard so many bad things about him from people in my area.

Hi, Tuesday Morning had kits, bummer. I get their flyer and I didn't see any kits in it. Have you gone to the Granite City flea market? Steve

I stopped at a Michael's store today and saw a few new kits on the shelves:

Revell '02 Camaro SS

Revell Viper SRT-10 ACR

AMT Camaro SS Concept

Revell '68 Dart GTS Special Edition

Revell '67 Chevelle SS 396

Mercedes die-cast...no clue on which model it was

I also got a 40% off coupon for next week along with my receipt. :o

The Revell Bullitt '67 Mustang, '57 Chevy Black Widow and '06(?) Dodge Charger Super Bee, and '69 Yenko Nova were all on clearance for $14.99, too.

I stopped at a Michael's store today and saw a few new kits on the shelves:

Revell '02 Camaro SS

Revell Viper SRT-10 ACR

AMT Camaro SS Concept

Revell '68 Dart GTS Special Edition

Revell '67 Chevelle SS 396

Mercedes die-cast...no clue on which model it was

TNX Casey!

Jus curious, what were the prices on those kits U saw? (BTW did you see the Corvette ZR1 there too?) I Guess the '02 Camaro,'67 Chevelle, ans the Mercedes diecat were all around ether $17.99, $19.99, or $21.99. Also think the Viper ACR and the '68 HEMI Dart are prolly $24.99 or (I highly doubt) maybe less.

The AMT/R2 Concept Camaro they have should be around $17.99 or maybe even $19.99; can't see them chargein' over $28.99 like with the '70 Camaro and '55 Cameos the local AC Moore carrys (lord!! how could they charge so much for kits that go for around the $16-20 range).

Ima going to check out different stores this weekend to see what they got... I also hear some stores got in the NEW COPO '69 Nova, '58 Thunderbird, '85 Mustang SVO, and maybe the Stars & Stripes '69 Corvette racer along with the stock release of the '77 Monte Carlo snapper.

I'll see what they got and report if I hit or miss on anythang... If you guys see anything else aside from what already there at yer local michaels stores, holler!

Jus curious, what were the prices on those kits U saw? (BTW did you see the Corvette ZR1 there too?)

Dart was $24.99, as are all Revell Special Edition kits at Michael's. $19.99 for the '67 Chevelle, and the others I didn't note the price.

I did see the ZR-1 kit, but didn't remember 'til now. B)