Model Cars Magazine Forum

twin turbo 10.5 firebird

phil hibbler

Hey Gang,

Normally I won't even comment on things like this, but.....perhaps Phil is doing the best he is capable of. My brother, who was very, very smart, was very, very dyslexic, and had the exact same problem as Phil. Hey, if he takes the time to post, and has his pedal to the metal, so to speak, cut the man a break!!

Phil, keep up the good work, just keep doing what you can, and those that don't like it don't have to read it.

As always, fighting for the underdog.

Mike

Hey Gang,

Normally I won't even comment on things like this, but.....perhaps Phil is doing the best he is capable of. My brother, who was very, very smart, was very, very dyslexic, and had the exact same problem as Phil. Hey, if he takes the time to post, and has his pedal to the metal, so to speak, cut the man a break!!

Phil, keep up the good work, just keep doing what you can, and those that don't like it don't have to read it.

As always, fighting for the underdog.

Mike

Oh! So Phil is functionally illiterate. All you other members trying to help him to understand that being polite and showing some class typing with proper punctuation and grammar went right over his head, because he can't read or write. I think we're on to something here. Is MCM a EOP (Equal Opportunity Posting) Site?

I don't think he is dyslexic just a pot stirrer trying to get more attention. I liked this build until I saw the ugly hood scoop. Since he admitted that he didn't build the cage but bought it and the engine is a kit we will see how good he really is as this build progresses.

My advice would be to just post pictures and forget about typing.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to type a bunch of stupid gibberish and remove all doubt."

Mitch,

Hey buddy, take it EZ. Functionally illiterate is not the same as dyslexic. I don't understand, if you don't like it, why are you reading and posting? Leave the man alone, Phils' hoodscoop looks good to Phil, is that so bad? I hate when these type of things start monopolizing a topic, the problem with people who have disfuncions/and/or/handicaps is that they might not even know the error of their ways. I think the other members trying to help may be beneficial, but what if Phil doesn't see the errors? How much should be slung his way when he, in my humble opinion, is just trying to share his hobby and his work, with us? If this is the best he can do, then God Bless the man. As stated before, if you don't like it don't read it. All I may state is the obvious.

Anyone who takes the time to sincerely build and post here should be welcomed with open arms. This hobby need all of us, and no matter how great or how little the talent, if you take the time, it is a good thing. Even the ugliest model in the world had someone finish it, step back, and go "AAALLLLLLRRRIIIGGGHHHTTT!!! Even if it was me. :unsure:

If this is Phil's idea of a joke, well Phil....go to your room and read a dictionary.

Mitch, like your cars!!

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee

Mitch,

Hey buddy, take it EZ. Functionally illiterate is not the same as dyslexic. I don't understand, if you don't like it, why are you reading and posting? Leave the man alone, Phils' hoodscoop looks good to Phil, is that so bad? I hate when these type of things start monopolizing a topic, the problem with people who have disfuncions/and/or/handicaps is that they might not even know the error of their ways. I think the other members trying to help may be beneficial, but what if Phil doesn't see the errors? How much should be slung his way when he, in my humble opinion, is just trying to share his hobby and his work, with us? If this is the best he can do, then God Bless the man. As stated before, if you don't like it don't read it. All I may state is the obvious.

Anyone who takes the time to sincerely build and post here should be welcomed with open arms. This hobby need all of us, and no matter how great or how little the talent, if you take the time, it is a good thing. Even the ugliest model in the world had someone finish it, step back, and go "AAALLLLLLRRRIIIGGGHHHTTT!!! Even if it was me. :)

If this is Phil's idea of a joke, well Phil....go to your room and read a dictionary.

Mitch, like your cars!!

Mike

Mike agree with what you are saying, I was just reading through the post for the first time and reading what Phil was typing and what others including Harry were saying about the wording and spelling of his posts. Phil has a handicap alright but it isn’t in the form of a real learning disability it’s a bad attitude and I think he is being rude and classless with his postings.

I felt that garnering sympathy for him because he is “special†was just wrong. I have a niece with downs syndrome and an employee that is just this side of functionally illiterate and both of those wonderful people who listen to the advice of others and act on help others try to give them. Phil is just arrogant and a smart aleck and I don’t care for him hence the jab at his work which was kind of jerky on my part.

So in closing even if he does have a disability it doesn’t give him the right to be a jerk. He still needs to try and follow the rules. Otherwise we have a free for all. What’s next people who can’t read don’t have to stop at intersections with a stop sign “cuz dey caint reed it�

Well... I do know numbers! So its get money and stay true to the game!

Well back to the model at hand, the hood is in the trash, I didnt like the look for real either. So now I think I am going to use the revell trans am kit, cuz the ram air hood is bad.

Is this school... or a modeling forum... comon now I know I'm the kid in the back of the class, gettin all the ???. j/k

I feel yall, but get out the feelings its ok to read my posts and not feel drawn into the ghetto... LOL

Well... I do know numbers! So its get money and stay true to the game!

Well back to the model at hand, the hood is in the trash, I didnt like the look for real either. So now I think I am going to use the revell trans am kit, cuz the ram air hood is bad.

Is this school... or a modeling forum... comon now I know I'm the kid in the back of the class, gettin all the ???. j/k

I feel yall, but get out the feelings its ok to read my posts and not feel drawn into the ghetto... LOL

LOL. That's more like it Phil... I think you just won me over That's funny.

Life is school man, as soon as you stop learning you're sunk.

Edited by seveeRRacing

Hey Phil glad to see you working on the bird and also glad it got to you ok. Just wanted to throw out a few ideals for ya ,maybe to help ya out on this build .The hood I did for this other firebird was a big large but after doing more on the car it really worked with it .Hope this helps a bit .

ta015.jpg

ta014.jpg

ta013.jpg

ta011.jpg

sorry uall i have not had much time to be in the shop. but today i had a little so im working on the icebox now. an your rite thumper im going to have to stay whit the 4th gn. so as soon as my wife lat me have som of my own $ i can go out an get the rim air kit. som time by the end of the weekend i sould have it in the shop.stell ever do i just keep lookn out the door for the turbos hope thy mack it soon :)

02241727.jpg

02241729.jpg

Phil the car looks great, but I am curious though. How in the world will the driver see around that monster of a scoop?

The guy speaks clearly enough if you want to take enough time to read. Man i thought this grade school stuff was over with.