Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollies ad this week

Just noticed this weeks Ollies warehouse ad is showing a bunch of Lindberg kits. Says they were bought from in insurance company after a fire in California destroyed a warehouse........says 60% off retail....gotta check it out, thers a couple sort of near here.

The flyer for my area doesn't mention them, but they are in the stores. Looks more like "clearing the slow sellers out of the warehouse", though. No ex-AMT '34 Ford pickups, no Dodge A-100 (Little Red Wagon), no '66 Chevelles, no Dodge Chargers. A lot of large scale stuff, diecast items (including engines), monster trucks, and ex-Pyro stuff. I did pick up another Dodge L-700/flatbed/'40 Ford combo though, $20 before applying a 15% off card I had that was about to expire. This one is molded in white unlike the one I bought when it was first issued. They did have '53 Ford kits, the convertibles being the earlier Indy Pace Car issue. Most of the 1/25 scale kits were $8 apiece. For some reason the ex-Pyro 1/32 scale kits were priced at $15.99 each; at that price they will be sitting on those...

I hit the Ollie's in Matthews NC today and got two Crown Vic police cars for $7.99 each but the selection looked like it had been picked thru pretty well.

I walked around and did find some Duplicolor Van& SUV touch up paint for $.99/can. Pretty much blue, red and green but quite a bargain! These are the larger cans (10 oz ?) and can probably get 4 or 5 paint jobs from each one! They still had some of the 1:25 scale skid loaders for $14.99

• 4 weeks later...

I was at he Winston-Salem Ollies and picked up 2ea of the 1953 Ford Victoria hard tops and a Ramunition 4x4. Don't know how good these kits are but will find out soon. Also found several Dodge L-700/flatbed/'40 Ford combos and almost bought one but not sure if it's a good kit or not. Does anyone have any feed back? thnx

I was at he Winston-Salem Ollies and picked up 2ea of the 1953 Ford Victoria hard tops and a Ramunition 4x4. Don't know how good these kits are but will find out soon. Also found several Dodge L-700/flatbed/'40 Ford combos and almost bought one but not sure if it's a good kit or not. Does anyone have any feed back? thnx

The trailer and car are good the truck leaves something to be desired. I would like to get my hands on a few more of the cars but i don't want the truck and I have two trailers already.

The trailer and car are good the truck leaves something to be desired. I would like to get my hands on a few more of the cars but i don't want the truck and I have two trailers already.

I'm not sure but I might have an extra of the 40 Fords, I'll check for you. The nice thing with the trailers (at least the flats) is there are nice possiblities for straight trucks, too.

I have the Rammunition, I haven't built it yet, but from the scan through I gave the parts and instructions, it looks like a very nice kit. I just wish my local Ollie's had them and the semis, most of what they had was the Crown Victoria police cars. A case of those, a 37 Cord, and a Dodge Dakota followed me home! :D