Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grandpa's forgotten 49 Ford

Erik Smith

Hands down the best weathered model I have seen. The worn seat with springs showing...superb. Transmission, hanging hoses and lines...imaginative. Missing chrome pieces...realistic The rust/weathering....the icing on the cake. Sagging springs in the rear! Front end up as a result of the engine missing. Details like this make it very realistic. Can't say enough. She is so old, rusty... she is beautiful.

Edited by Avgwarhawk

Eric,Great Weathering Job!! Also Thanks for helping me with How to do a better job on weathering. I was just think about how could I do a more realistic job of more detail than just a rusted vehicle. Your 49 has given me some Great ideas and the way you pulled them off is just like it would really look. Once again Great Job and Thanks for the ideas!!! :angry:

Nice Ford, that weathering looks super, this is one of the most realistic, I have seen... I must try my hand about building rusty, "forgotten" car. I like the way how you did remove the engine, but for the transmission, I could make somekind of fitting or something for the trans. And that would be in the front of the transmission... But your model looks very good, thanks for sharing it!