Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus 49 Ford custom

Tom Kren

Resin kit I got from Modelhaus resin.This is based on a car called the Panoramic Ford owned by Buster Litton. It features a chopped top with extended 51 Olds rear fenders and taillights, 51 Studebaker front fenders, 51 Merc front hood section, 53 Chevy modified grille, 49 Ford smooth front bumper, smooth rear bumper with 53 Ford end extentions I didnt build it the way the real car is I thought I do it my way! Paint is lime green met from Dupli-Color, added wheels from modelhaus with chrome outer rings and fat whites rest is from AMT's 49 Ford kit!

DSC00090-vi.jpg

DSC00098-vi.jpg

DSC00095-vi.jpg

DSC00106-vi.jpg

DSC00107-vi.jpg

While I enjoy wild customs, this project really caught my eye. The subtle styling changes on this car really make this project pop. From the side view, it takes on the feel of a speeding bullet without the extreme mods we so much of these days. Absolutely perfect execution of a fantastic subject. From the color to the stance to flawless building techniques, this car is a head turner, no matter which angle you look at it. What an inspirational build! :)

Absolutely very nice, paintjob is amazing and love that Old School style... Nice work on the engine detailing also, it looks very good. I love the stance and wheels and tires are just perfect choice for this one. Nice work, keep these coming, these are very fun to watch.

• 10 months later...