Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:Hot Rod Wrecker Project Update 2/1/15

Hope all is well with Randy.

His build remains incredibly inspiring, no matter how many times I re-read each and every post; would love to see it through to completion!!

He's an immensely talented modeler ... who truly scratchbuilds.

B)

this thing is insane, i have never seen such artistic craftmenship in a model! my god i see this and wonder what am i doing playing with plastic when you are creating this artwork in brass/metal. You sir are and artistic genius!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!

This is the benchmark...the level of skill I aspire to.

So much detail....

I'm seriously considering crossing the Atlantic to see this, if you exhibit it.

I am now frowning at my bench and feel a little disappointed with my own efforts....!

• 2 weeks later...

When ever this thread get's bumped up and I'll ask again:

Anyone been in contact with Randy? Is it true he hasn't been on the forum in a long time? Is everything OK?

Granted, this build is epic, but more important how's the builder doing? Long-term absence is concerning....especially from a popular modeler in the mist of a project like this.

• 1 month later...

just so you know you are not a model builder you are a craftsman in the truest sence of the word.To be watching this build unlold as it happens is a real pleasure,Thank you for sharing it with us mere builders,..LOL...

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone talked to or heard from Randy. Its been almost a year after his last post. I hope he is ok as he is a VERY talented builder. Im glad to see what he has done so far. Just off the HOOK!!!!!!!!! MAD SKILL'S :) :)

x 2!!

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

First off, aplogies to those who commented on this thread in the last year. Did not intend to take a whole year off but everything is fine now and am ready to get back to this one.

Working on the cab, building up the windshield frame, gutter and fixing up the roof. Have never been happy with the shape of the roof and it took some damage in storage. Will use a two part metal filler for repairs....

002-88.jpg

003-92.jpg

008-66.jpg