Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's the tank as of today.

Tamiya's M60A1 RISE with ERA, as used by the Marine Corps in ODS.

DSCF3011.jpg

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3013.jpg

DSCF3014.jpg

I ordered some aftermarket tracks which should be in soon, hence the lack of wheels. For info purposes the add on panels are Explosive Reactive Armor. They are designed to explode when hit by a hollow charge warhead like an RPG. The panel defeats the armor piercing jet by deflecting it away from the hull. :P

And we all made fun of the Russians for storing diesel fuel on their tanks. :)

G

Wayne, you're making me want to purchase another Tamiya M60A1. :lol:

By the way, Here's the link to my M60A1 that I've built a few years back.

M60A1 Blazer

When I bought this model kit it only cost me $32.00. :rolleyes: Now I've seen them going for over $40.00+ :blink:

Hopefully I can find another one around or below the old price I've paid. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit more waiting for the AM tracks to get here. I didn't like the oldskool hollow jerrycans with the molded on racks and straps. So I made my own.

DSCF3015.jpg

DSCF3016.jpg

DSCF3017.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

DSCF3020.jpg

I made the wheel hangers fron craft wire. They look a lot like what the real deal used. I had to drill out the lug holes in the wheels though. :blink:

Oh BTW Felix, I scored another one of these kits for, wait for it, $15.99 without a coupon at my Hobby Lobby. No way I could pass that up. Mrs G agreed (thank goodness) :angry:

G

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some confirmation on my orders delivery date! The tracks are enroute from SLC Utah! Kreepers I could have driven there and back 12 times by now.

I'll be using some AFV Club individual link tracks on this. Each link has three pieces and joins the other links with two more. Be prepared for some bashing, crashing and foul language. :lol:

More to come.

G