Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 chevelle

brett

Since I'm a glutton for punishment/or dont have a life lol, I thought I'ld start another project I've been wanting to do for a while. Thinking about twin turbo though it does look good with the blower hat, undecided about the wing though leaning heavily toward the last pic. Your thoughts?

chevelle002.jpg

chevelle001.jpg

chevelle004.jpg

chevelle003.jpg

chevelle005.jpg

Oh, that spoiler in the last picture:Beurk02.gif:lol: That looks good without any spoiler, but if there must be spoiler, then the first one... I like the idea a lot, and this Chevelle is good basis for this kid of project, I'm watching this one surely! :rolleyes:

I like that 4 port Inject'r Hat ;)

Have a cowl scoop w/ that center trim already cast ( if ya need 1 )

Like to see a combo of what you have got there

Monster Motor w/ the 4 port poppin' up thru a cowl hood :D

Most probably the way I'm gonna go with this one.

Thanks everyone for your opinions will update later on today

Looks good Brett, I like the wing in the first pic, but if it was up to me I would make one out of sheet styrene that looks a little more like the one's currently being used, but either way I'm sure you'll do a great job on it, keep us posted...

Brett either way it will turn out good the way you build them.

As for the spoiler the last one looks like a COT style not

my taste.

But its your build,I would also build a more up to date spoiler

like the first one.

Then again this is how the one one my Camaro turned out.

016.jpg

013.jpg

Personally, I like blowers, but a twin-turbo might not be that bad, I'm also not that big a fan of T/F style wings, some cars don't look bad with them,but I don't think the chevelle body style goes with it that well, I like the full wing that alot of the cars run, all that being said it's your build & as I've seen some of your builds I'm sure it'll turn out great however you build it.

Thanks guys,decided to stay blown (cant get any decent turbos at the moment) with the cowl hood. Still undecided about the wing though am still leaning toward the fueler style. Anyway body in primer, cowl in hood and cage painted and assembled.

chevelle006.jpg

chevelle007.jpg

chevelle011.jpg

chevelle008.jpg

chevelle012.jpg

Thanks guys

i like the "tuner" style wing for the back, did one of those on the Beretta that i built. that style i think is more popular down your way on drag cars?

i say go with the cowl hood too with the blower. with the stock SS hood i think it could be cool with the injector scoop on top of the chassis donor's tunnel ram for a different look.

how did the wheelbase line up with the Chevelle body and the pro sportsman chassis?

no a lot have gone to the barbecue table size rear deck now. And the wheelbase/chassis lined up perfectly, that's why this one ended up at the front end of the que

Hey Brett,

lookin good bro! I would have went with the blown set up also, but the turbo set up cool really cool when all put together. Cowl hood looks good too. Far as the wing goes I liked the one in the last pic you showed. The lower side skirt type peices you added looks awesome!!

Manny

Thanks guys, I primed it all last night so will give it a final sand today.I suppose I should decide on a color and if its gonna have any graphics at all :(. Still plan on doing a twin turbo Chevelle but that will be a 70 with a "stock" style paint job