Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford hazmat truck

Well since you asked, I did some more work on it today, this is only the first coat of paint but its coming along.

Fordhazmat2.jpg

Fordhazmat3.jpg

The holes in the back are windows, I was thinking about actually putting an interior in the back but I'm just going to tint them. With the way I braced the box I decided an interior is just too much work for something that would be hard to see the detail, maybe next time I'll plan on larger windows or a removable top section.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments

Trailer Mech, the light bar is an aerodynic style that originally came from a police kit (Joker Goon Car / Gothom PD kit I think). I cast some in clear resin awhile back, its a solid casting instead of having seperate base and lenses like the original but I drilled out holes from below to make it look like there are rotators inside.

Well its almost there, I was going to put a red stripe down the side but I may leave it off. I'm thinking it looks more like a rebuilt beverage truck without the stripe and the roll ups are proving to be a pain in that regard anyway.

Fordhazmat6.jpg

Fordhazmat7.jpg

Fordhazmat8.jpg