Model Cars Magazine Forum

info needed on this model 52 plymouth wagon

I got this in the other day from some pickers and was wondering who made this? Was this a promo or an addition to a smith miller truck or other company? This is about 1/25th scale plastic and the bottom looks to be glued on.

Oh my! I'm partial to this as my first car was a '51 Plymouth. I've never seen a '52 wagon promo, but I'm NO expert on the matter. Sorry I can't help, but I'm sure interested. This thread explains my interest.

If that was here, I'd hack that front end off in a second and patch it to the '50 body I have to model my first car! :angry:

Edited by Foxer

As "Guru" Art Anderson explained , Product Miniatures had these both as "Promomtionals" and as "Bagged ".98c kits in retail stores in the day. I have a resin copy I bought off Smart Resins Jody some time back. I had to scratch build the interior and a chassis . The colors are as stock as I could find according to some old P P G Charts I have . Now with one execption, I did a common "Dealer " move . In order to move a slow seller , I added a second color to the body which was commonly done in the fifties . I chose to use a common Black in the lower portion of the body.

May202010RAMSmeeting026-vi.jpg

rearcloseup.jpg

nicecloseup.jpg

I hope this answers some questions as to this obsure piece of model history........... Ed Shaver

I was just going to thank Art for that ... but it's more pleasure to WELCOME you back Ed! Hope you're feeling better and .. thanks for that Plymouth photo! B)

I searched info on Product Miniatures and see they made one of the 51 Plymouth Cranbrook .. the car I had. It would be a nice start even if it's not so well done and it a bit large. I'm way too religious about 1/25. :lol: