Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello and Happy new year to everyone. At this moment I am kinda stalled on this build because I dont know what color I want to paint it. My original intent was to lay down a fade paint job like Gene Winfield use to do back in the day, but aparently my air brushing skills are not up to par for this. So I have came to all of you for some advice for paint. I want to keep this a color that would have been used for a 60"s custom. Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

• 6 months later...

Ok everyone I finally had a little time to do some work to this build, not much but every bit counts. I made some grommets for the spotlights I will have to shave them a little thinner, also made a couple of rear view mirrors for this truck, the first one I made the center kinda melted so I made a second one (black) . Also added door handles.

IMG_1557-vi.jpgIMG_1558-vi.jpg

IMG_1559-vi.jpgIMG_1560-vi.jpg

IMG_1562-vi.jpgIMG_1564-vi.jpg

• 5 months later...

Well its been awhile since I had any updates on this build, but I am hoping to get some work done on this now. I don't have a lot to update, but I did do some work to the interior door panels. I removed all the molded in window cranks and arm rest. Added parts box pieces to replace them. I also made some power window switches.

IMG_1605-vi.jpgIMG_1632-vi.jpg

IMG_1635-vi.jpgIMG_1636-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I also made an ignition, head light and wiper switch knobs from plastic tubing. Made a new shifter and made some seat adjuster handles. I will have to make the adjuster handles a little bit smaller. Also made a new turn signal handle and spotlight handles. So now the interiors mods are complete except for color.

IMG_1650-vi.jpgIMG_1651-vi.jpg

IMG_1652-vi.jpgIMG_1645-vi.jpg