Model Cars Magazine Forum

New engine models from Hawk

Greg Myers

Seeing how they can move the scale up and down,Just with these kits alone,you have to wonder why they don't give us something in a scale we can work with, I.E. 1/25, 1/16th ? Something else I wonder about, how is it so many different company's carry the same kit, Hawk, Testors,Revell, and I believe the company that started these monsters,Liberty?Don't get me wrong, I like them, as I have most of them spread across the top of a book shelf.

They really are nice, it's just they have the same problem that I had with 1/18th scale. They take up so much room I could for the more typical 1/24-25th scale things. Very tempting though and I'm just glad to see the name Hawk back on the shelves, even if just for the nostalgia factor.

• 1 year later...

If it ever sees the light of day it'll be new. Been in development a loooooooong time, at least as long as it's been since J. Lloyd bought the rights to the Hawk brand from Testors, was supposed to come out around the same time as the Testors 1/4 scale Visible Hemi and 1/2 scale visible Harley V-twin.

Which series flathead is it? 1932, '37 or '49? Any speed parts included?

If it's based on the 1/6 one, it'll be a bone-stock post war middle series (59A) . It'll be 1/4 scale, the thread title has it wrong. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, this thing has been on the books for a long time. But it hasn't been cancelled, while a lot of other J. Lloyd/Lindberg/Hawk announcements have been, so who knows?

Edited by Brett Barrow

• 1 year later...

If it's based on the 1/6 one, it'll be a bone-stock post war middle series (59A) . It'll be 1/4 scale, the thread title has it wrong. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, this thing has been on the books for a long time. But it hasn't been cancelled, while a lot of other J. Lloyd/Lindberg/Hawk announcements have been, so who knows?

Good Lord Man, which is it ? 1/6th ? or 1/4th ? But the thread title is wrong ? Don't get your hopes up ? but it hasn't been cancelled? OK, who does know? That's the question. :huh:

visible-59.jpgProduct Description

Hawk 1/4 1948 Transparent Ford Flathead V8 Engine Model Kit - 11090 (NEW! - Arrives in December)
This kit features highly detailed engine components; rubber belts connecting all moving parts; and fully visible working valves, pistons, and crankshaft. Electric drive motor is powered by three AA batteries (not included). Electronic sound chip plays true motor sound recorded from the real operating engine. Some detailed parts come pre-painted. Display stand included!
Edited by Greg Myers

HAK- 11090 1/4 Visible Flathead V8 Engine CANCELLED $0.00

From Stevens Int'l, one of their main distributors.

Good Lord Man, which is it ? 1/6th ? or 1/4th ? But the thread title is wrong ? Don't get your hopes up ? but it hasn't been cancelled? OK, who does know? That's the question. :huh:

Well, when I wrote that over a year ago, J Lloyd still owned Hawk/Lindberg and it had not been cancelled. The tread title at the time had the wrong scale, but has since been corrected.

The non-visible 1/6th scale Hawk flathead kit apparently does exist though...there are a few on eBay. The 1/6th one is also on Round2's Hawk webpage...http://round2models.com/models/hawk/ford-flat-engine

What is odd is some of the Hawk engine kits are listed as 1/6th scale and some are listed as 1/4th scale (426 Hemi)..

Edited by Rob Hall

So in the photos Greg posted... the model and the box shown were just fakes? I assume they were, since they wouldn't cancel the kit after they had already produced it. But they sure were into the process pretty deep if they had already done what looks to be a very finished box art design,